There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines

Great place to work

Current Employee - Manager  in  Dallas, TX (US)
Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Southwest is an awesome place to work. Great culture, great people, very good career opportunities.

Cons

Do not have any cons

453 Other Employee Reviews for Southwest Airlines (View Most Recent)

luv SWA

Former Employee - Flight Attendant  in  Oakland, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Oakland, CA (US)

I worked at Southwest Airlines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

great fun people i have spent half my life employed at swa they take good care of you i looked forward to goingto work.

Cons

base help hasn't been as helpfull as i had hoped

Ramp Agent

Former Employee - Ramp Agent  in  Newark, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Ramp Agent in Newark, NJ (US)

I worked at Southwest Airlines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get to travel in your training and meet people from other places... The best tasting "Kool-Aid" in the airline industry if u know what I mean. Working outdoors without someone always up your ass. You can swap shifts or hustle more shifts..The ramp agents are unionized and the airport union is A STRONG ONE!

Cons

Working like a mule for garbage pay while they hold that carrot (top pay AFTER TEN years) in front of your nose and make you work BACK BREAKING Laborious grunt work in the bellies of the planes in stifling heat and frigid cold. This is a young man's job. NOT a job to do if you are middle aged and NOT in perfect physical health. This was my first exposure to the airline industry and ...WOW...talk about being surrounded by back biters and gossip mongers....Everyone is hoping their counterpart will quit or get fired - I KID U NOT- in hopes of their "seniority" being bumped up. Also, the pain in the hump of having to bid for your new schedule on a month to month basis. Your co-workers are not really your "friends"...MAKE NO MISTAKE bout that!! The starting pay is ridiculously low to live on.....10.28 an hr. step increases until you make that much ballyhooed 25.00 hr but its ten long years in the salt mines for that.

Live up to your companys much ballyhooed "We LOVE our employees".....STOP seeking to fire indiscriminately and thats why the union has such a positive strong record of gettin unfairly terminated employees their jobs back because you guys always trump up bogus charges.

There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!