Southwest Airlines

www.southwest.com

Great Leadership, Great People, Great Company

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Dallas, TX (US)
Current Employee - Supervisor in Dallas, TX (US)

Pros

The leadership, the culture and the people. Every employee is made to feel valued and appreciated on a daily basis. Not only by your managers and supervisors but by the leaders of the company. My 27 year old daughter says I go to daycare and not work everyday.

Cons

Vacation is a bit lame. Most companies have moved from vacation and sick benefits to PTO. It's difficult to hire for a senior position and offer only 2 weeks vacation. (3 weeks after 5 years)

Move from Vacation and Sick to PTO. In my opinion this company is doing everything else right!

Other reviews for Southwest Airlines

Ten on a scale of Five.

Current Employee - Reservation Sales Agent  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Reservation Sales Agent in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Pros

Industry leading benefits, a healthy relationship between management and unions, a profitsharing plan backed by three decades of unbroken profit, and a positive, supportive environment! I don't think I've ever seen such a hearty welcome to new employees, nor have I seen so many people thinking like owners of the company, taking responsibility and ownership of how we serve our Customers and maintain our Culture, which is one of the keys to our success. With few exceptions, most of our people were "Living the Southwest Way" before they even knew what it was.

Cons

Baggage Service. I'd really like to see our numbers improve in this area.

Keep up the great work. LUV you from the bottom up!

Top company to work for in the US.

Current Employee - Flight Attendant  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Dallas, TX (US)

Pros

Great company. They listen and are willing to work with the employees. Its a company that actually cares. They send you cards if your ill, if a family member dies, send you flowers. They have a heart that most companies dont have.

Cons

Some management officials can have a little more work on being better managers.

I would advice senior management to be more proactive on some issues.

There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines.

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!