Spartan Motors
www.spartanmotors.com Charlotte, MI 1000 to 5000 Employees

Not a great place to work.

Project Engineer (Former Employee)
Charlotte, MI (US)

I worked at Spartan Motors

ProsSmall company, easy to find and talk to the people that you need to know to get the job done.

ConsBecause its a small company, little "clicks" of people are formed, and sometimes that can be detrimental when it comes time to promote or even get a fair review on your performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou put rules into place that you do not follow. If you are going to make rules, follow them consistently, otherwise don't bother. Also, the rules that apply to the people out on the floor ALSO apply to the leadership. I could not believe all the "ethical" talk that was touted there, only to see upper management thumb their noses at it time after time. That's a sure-fire way to decrease morale and motivation.

Work review

Electrical Project Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Spartan Motors

Pros: The people are great. They are some of the best people to work with.… Cons: Pay is not what I expected. Chance of advancement… Advice to Senior Management: Keep the employees in mind as an investment. Make sure they advance and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Adding Top Heavy Employees, Cutting the Rest

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Spartan Motors full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great insurance benefits, most departments shut down for the holiday break. Opportunity to take on… Cons: Which day will be your last one. Does your area fit into the manufacturing world.… Advice to Senior Management: It seemed like a ship without a rudder. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Spartan Motors.

Worked for Spartan Motors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spartan Motors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Spartan Motors CEO John E. Sztykiel. All reviews posted anonymously by Spartan Motors employees.