Special Counsel
www.specialcounsel.com Jacksonville, FL 1000 to 5000 Employees

If looking for a temporary position, Special Counsel is a place to look.

Document Reviewer (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Special Counsel

ProsIf you have not secured a permanent position for after graduation, it is a good place to find quality jobs and competitive pay. The people I worked with at Special Counsel were respectful and I felt actually worked to get me different jobs while I was temping for them. While pay was not at the top, it was competitive with other similar work.

ConsJobs are temporary. Not likely to find a temporary to hire position without significant experience. Document review opportunities can be limited in tough economic times. It is also difficult to obtain your first document review job if you have no prior experience in document review. Most firms are looking for persons experienced in specific software for their document review. Work can also become tedious over time. While not a likely good career choice (as far as document review), it was good link between graduation and my first permanent job as an attorney.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more with employees to keep morale high. Offer constructive criticism. Offer more opportunities for advancement.

Leave your dignity at the door if you do contract work for Special Counsel.

Document Reviewer/Contract Attorney (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Special Counsel

Pros: If you are an attorney or law graduate and need… Cons: Polite people but the environment is patronizing. Advice to Senior Management: You need to change your philosophy. Just because an attorney is willing to work as a temp does not mean that they should be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Long-term employee

Middle-Management (Former Employee)

I worked at Special Counsel full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Special Counsel is a good company overall, and one comprised mostly of good people. I thoroughly enjoyed my tenure of many years as an… Cons: My personal opinion after being there so many years is that there has simply become too much emphasis on administrative-type functions and on determining how… Advice to Senior Management: Reduce non-productive functions and let the sales & placement results speak… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Special Counsel.

Worked for Special Counsel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Special Counsel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Special Counsel CEO John L. Marshall III. All reviews posted anonymously by Special Counsel employees.