There are newer employer reviews for Spencer Ogden

You get out of it what you put in

I have been working at Spencer Ogden

Pros

- High salary potential
- You get out of the job what you put in
- They allow you to run your own desk with your own clients and essentially build your own buiness
- Fun work culture, nights out, trips, etc.

Cons

- long hours
- hard work (the harder you work, the more money you make)

Ensure that you are hiring the right people. This is not a job for the weak or unmotivated. Money motivated people will thrive here if you can find them

40 Other Employee Reviews for Spencer Ogden (View Most Recent)

Fun office a ruse for militant environment

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Spencer Ogden full-time for more than a year

Pros

They hire great people, which make it a fun environment in the office. Grass for carpet, bright colors, looks more like a media or silicon valley office than an office in Houston. Everyone starts with 15 vacation days, get off at 3 on Fridays.

Cons

Extremely militant environment. Management is never hands on with employees, just sitting behind glass walls (literally) holding meetings. You are expected to spend at least 2 hrs on the phone a day, hitting the phone and being "busy" any work you might need to do for your market needs to be done before 8am and after 5pm as that time is devoted to being on the phone. Must take lunch from 12:30 - 1:30p, no exceptions.

Vacations are great if you are ever allowed to take them You are questioned on why you need the time off and what you will be doing (illegal). In interview I was asked more illegal questions (where will I live, what do my parents do, questions about my religion)

Don't understand how the US does business - people operate with integrity and honesty.

Everyone here is looking for another job. High rate of turnover - chop shop

There is no help in learning about the oil and gas market. You are expected to learn about it by calling people and asking them what their job is.

Your staff aren't happy, you need to realize this and do something about it or you will lose everyone.

Entry level not a career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Spencer Ogden full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to fly helicopters, bounce balls.
    Lay back environment.
    The office is modern.
    The co-workers are extremely intelligent and nice.

Cons

Too many hours. Low Pay. No support. Cut Throat Environment. Training period is not reliable. Over time you lose hope in making a deal.

Go back to school and learn how to run a business in the United States of America. This country is not the UK. Also listen to the Americans you have working for you. We can teach you how to talk to clients and actually start making profits.

There are newer employer reviews for Spencer Ogden

Worked for Spencer Ogden? Contribute to the Community!