Spiceworks

www.spiceworks.com

Nice start up feel! Good people and great management

Current Employee - Sales
Current Employee - Sales

Pros

As we all know, starting up a new job is never easy. The ramp up period takes weeks even months. Spiceworks has really put in the effort to make the new hire transitioning as simple as possible. They provide in depth training (depending on group/division) as well as detailed schedules and sufficient new hire collateral.

To put this in perspective, In the past 5 years I worked at literally a hand full of companies (large and small, startup and established), none of which put in even half the effort that Spiceworks is doing. What does that tell you? Well, it tells you that they are willing to invest heavily in your success. I don't know about you but I'm not a big fan of working at companies that use and abuse your talent.

Cons

Nothing just yet. I'm sure I'll come up with small "cons" as time progresses but as long as we keep things as is (from upper management to the foot soldiers) I'll be content and continue to bust my ass for a good cause.

Other reviews for Spiceworks

Great culture and fun environment, growing very very very quickly

Pros

- Great perks
    - Free beer, snacks, food
    - casual environment
    - flexible schedule
    - friendly and social culture
    - transparent executive management with regards to finances and goals

Cons

- head count growth is very rapid
    - mentorship is low
    - lots of cheerleading
    - lower than average pay

Adding more people doesn't always solve problems.

Exciting, engaging environment. Company is doing very well.

Pros

- Very open communications. Little spinning and pep-rallying.
    - Good employees everywhere in the company (QA, development, sales, management)
    - Fun atmosphere; Friday beer bashes; birthday celebrations.
    - Employees are treated like family. Excellent teamwork, frank discussions of issues etc.
    - Process-light; not afraid to experiment and try things out.

Cons

- Not really a 'con' but the company is experiencing growing pains. As we add people it'll be hard to keep the fun culture.
    - We're trying to run the company like a 10-person startup but we have 130+ people now. With minimal process it's hard to see what's happening in different groups.

Keep up the good work; try keeping the startup culture as long as possible. Continue setting high standards in hiring even in a tighter market.

There are newer employer reviews for Spiceworks.

Worked for Spiceworks? Contribute to the Community!