Sports Authority

www.sportsauthority.com
  www.sportsauthority.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority

Loved my co-workers.....

Former Employee - Apparel Sales, Cashier, Customer Service in Vero Beach, FL (US)

I worked at Sports Authority full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Worked with great people for the most part. High energy work environment, and always something to do on really slow days to pass time. There are a lot of things you can push to sell in store that give you pay bonuses and the work shirts are an awesome air-dry wet-proof thin fabric.

Cons

Pay is not the greatest for the high pressure sales required by corporate and other employees will steal your sales without being penalized. Schedule was never up until the last minute sometimes a day after that week hasd started making planning your personal affairs very difficult.

Reprimand thieves that steal from co-workers, be sure the coming schedule is out the promised two weeks prior for good notice and more pay is always nice. :)

650 Other Employee Reviews for Sports Authority (View Most Recent)

A company stuck in the 90's

Former Employee - General Manager in Edison, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - General Manager in Edison, NJ (US)

I worked at Sports Authority full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employee discount.
    Everything else is a joke.

Cons

Mindless paperwork , audits and upper management that is bleeding the company.

Get rid of all the dead wood, district managers.
    Care more about your employees.
    Stop with all the operational junk, sales are what is important. NOT PAPERWORK.
    Get rid of the Asett protection people, all they are is sales prevention.
    Come off the high horse.
    Make sure HR is actually employee friendly.

There is no company, only a collection of district : city-states. United by name only.

Former Employee - Corporate
    Former Employee - Corporate

I worked at Sports Authority full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The management discount is quite nice, as are side benefits offered by ski resorts and vendors that provide pro-forms. Most other employees are like minded.

Cons

ZERO corporate structure. Each district is its own wild west, using the rules and standards of it prospective manager, and not that of the corporate office. My position was moved to another location, which was offered to me however the cost of living was far higher and no compensation was offered to me. The company had very lousy benefits when I worked there.

Corporate needs to rope in the district manager, who often fire loyal employees to make room for friends. Job performance means little for your chances at promotion unless you are the personal friend of your superior - this must stop! Also repair your old stores, they are pathetic.

There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority