Stanford University
www.stanford.edu Stanford, CA 5000+ Employees

Nice weather.

Research Assistant (Current Employee)
Stanford, CA (US)

I have been working at Stanford University full-time for more than a year

ProsProximity to Silicon Valley and access to industry connections. Reputation probably helps when trying to publish. Far from SF, but beats living in cold places.

ConsPay does not match cost of living in the area. Housing situation gets worse each year. These are pretty serious as a third of the pay goes to housing and there's always the risk of losing housing (due to the lottery system) if one goes off to do an internship. Other concerns: Heavy bureaucracy. Too much construction going on.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend less on fountains, more on building more housing units.

Smartness

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Stanford University

Pros: Surrounded by smart people. Beautiful weather. Cons: Being a graduate student is stressful. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

great place

Research Assistant (Current Employee)
Stanford, CA (US)

I have been working at Stanford University full-time for less than a year

Pros: great place to work at Cons: too good to be true Advice to Senior Management: i just wanna see to full comments Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Stanford University.

Worked for Stanford University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stanford University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stanford University CEO John L. Hennessy. All reviews posted anonymously by Stanford University employees.