There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Good company to work for as a student

Former Employee - Barista  in  Dallas, TX (US)
Former Employee - Barista in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Starbucks part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Works with schedule for school, good benefits for part-time work, fun place to work if you get the right store.

Cons

More difficult than other jobs to work the ladder unless you are a diversity candidate. Upper management can seem disconnected from barista's and shift supervisors, leaving a sense of superiority that is sometimes unwelcoming and uncomfortable. The pay is never great, not one person do I know who is a barista or shift supervisor was able to support themselves alone.

4555 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Wonderful Corporate Environment

Current Employee - Barista
    Current Employee - Barista

I have been working at Starbucks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Starbucks is a great company that cares for the employees. There are several wonderful benefits that you get for working for this company. My co-workers are also wonderful people. I really enjoy making beverages for customers and I also like cleaning the store.

Cons

If you are not prepared to follow the high standards that Starbucks sets for their employees then this job may not be for you. Also, the environment is very fast paced, you are on your feet all day and you will need to have quick problem solving and great customer service skills.

Great for working students

Former Employee - Barista  in  Brea, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Barista in Brea, CA (US)

I worked at Starbucks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ability to cover shifts at other stores
    Flexible schedule
    Decent pay
    Product discount perks

Cons

Customer service standards from corporate continually dropped over the years
    Stressful management
    Staying with the company became unattractive as all management positions were unhappy with their jobs.

Bring back the emphasis on the "just say yes policy"
    Better perks for shift leads and store management positions (an extra $1/an hour is hardly incentive to take on the responsibility of a shift lead)
    New products are more of a distraction from the quality of Starbucks, as a customer prior to my employment they irritated me, and as a former employee they continue to bother me. I loved Starbucks for its atmosphere and coffee, additions on top of that cause a loss of focus for employees and customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!