There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Barista to Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Starbucks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic benefits: discounts, 401K, and Healthcare; fun atmosphere; new everyday so I never got bored; great product - I was proud of what I sold. The company stays true to its mission statement and guiding principles.

Cons

I felt like I was always on-call; have to have thick skin because customers are always right even when they aren't. Mentally and physically demanding job - you have to really want to do some hard work and use your brain.

4852 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Longtime employee because I've got to my interests and skills

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

- helps pay for some of my schooling
    - good vacation time
    - encourages work/life balance

Cons

Corporate drill (like all corporations) deadlines etc

Stay true to guiding principals. Treat others with respect and dignity in all parts of business and life.

It all depends on your boss!!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Starbucks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Starbucks is an amazing company that is structured to treat their people extraordinarily well. Most employees (partners) don't even know about half of the benefits available to them!! At the Barista level, I couldn't imagine having a better job!! I was a Store Manager, the expectations are very high, and the time allotted to achieve them is tight. Maxing bonus makes it all worth it!!!

Cons

At the size of Starbucks, there are going to be bad seeds at every level. I was a Store Manager, and unfortunately worked for one of those bad seeds. Starbucks mission statement is the most powerful mission statement I have ever seen....some people just forget about it when it comes to supporting those they work with.

Global surveys are great to get a corporate pulse, but local PRM's should be responsible for annual market surveys as well. My reason for leaving the company would have been addressed.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks