There are newer employer reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Not bad and treated right

Current Employee - Bartender in Phoenix, AZ (US)
Current Employee - Bartender in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Starwood Hotels & Resorts part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You knew the vision and goals of the company. Great employee rates on multiple properties and discounts on food and in-house entertainment.

Cons

My hotel was a franchise and as such had different rules but did have to adhere to corporate standards for employees. Make sure your hotel is corporate owned, you probably will get treated more fairly. Also, if a franchise make sure they have been around for awhile, mine left us with a dwindling property becuase he did not want to spend the money on upgrades that corporate required.

Employees, especially the ones on the ground level make the guest's whole stay. We have the opportunity to handle many of the guest complaints, if we are given a fair shake, we will then do whatever we can to make sure the guest comes back.

672 Other Employee Reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts (View Most Recent)

Amazing company... Hard to grow

I have been working at Starwood Hotels & Resorts full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great training
    Some of the best hotels in the industry.
    Always making improvements.

Cons

Hard to grow since properties are managed by companies.

Get to know other properties it'll help with recruiting and transfers.

It has been a great place to work but trying to change positions can be tough

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Pros

they have excellent travel benefits all over the world, and beautiful properties to work at. Most people are great to work with.

Cons

Have not been considered for interviews for advancement opportunities even though received exceeding expectations on all reviews, feels like they have people already picked out to fill positions in certain situations.

give more direction to managers during hiring process and hold managers more accountable so that qualified people at least get an interview opportunity.

There are newer employer reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts