Starwood Hotels & Resorts

www.starwoodhotels.com
  www.starwoodhotels.com
There are newer employer reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Great Company with Great Benefits

Former Employee - Reservation Sales Associate  in  Austin, TX (US)
Former Employee - Reservation Sales Associate in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun, caring, relaxed, spa-like atmosphere in the Austin call center. Compensation was good with plenty of contest and opportunities to earn bonuses and perks. Friendly coworkers and customers. Knowledgeable and helpful supervisors and upper managers. Primarily work from home / telecommute call center. Plenty opportunities to move up in company or work for the physical hotels instead. Extensive initial training program with continual training monthly. Great reservation system and tools. Managers take pride in their teams and work with agents daily. Goals and stats are very detailed and can be viewed anytime. Company keeps workers informed and readily accepts feedback. Too many great things to list. I'd still be there if my life hadn't taken me elsewhere.

Cons

Metrics required to reach certain tiers of bonus level are difficult to obtain, at times, as it depends on your sales proficiency with customers, ie. calls taken / sales made. But in fairness the managers give you every step by step training and tool to master this, and most customers are calling to book a reservation and not just browsing. Employee stay discount is not always available especially at the higher end hotels.

Overall, great job.

652 Other Employee Reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts (View Most Recent)

Decent place to work

Former Employee - Intern  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed surroundings, newly renovated office

Cons

Not many interactions among employees as expected

I think they are doing a great job to make quick wins and also the long-term success.

I greatly appreciated working at the W Dallas Victory. The staff at the hotel is what makes the hotel so great.

Former Employee - Welcome Desk/Concierge  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Welcome Desk/Concierge in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

The staff at the hotel is what makes it such a fun and enjoyable place to work. Everyone feels like they are part of a big family and they really look out for each other. In hectic situations, everyone knows how to buckle down and work together to make the guests feel as comfortable as possible. Starwood has great discounts on hotels worldwide, which is a nice perk when you get to travel and stay at one.

Cons

Standing for such a long period of time is quite difficult at times.

There are newer employer reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Worked for Starwood Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!