There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

Cushy place w/good work/life balance but slow advancements

Former Employee - Intern in Bloomington, IL (US)
Former Employee - Intern in Bloomington, IL (US)

I worked at State Farm as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

State Farm has a great work/life balance - from workplace events to the State Farm Park, etc. etc.
Benefits and compensation are good, and there is a good corporate culture of valuing loyalty to the company.

Cons

If you're like me and like to be challenged and thrilled each day at work, this is not the place. Things move slowly.

Interns want to learn so use them! But don't just stick them w/paper pushing - that'll turn off your brilliant potentials because they'll want to seek out more exciting opportunities.

1669 Other Employee Reviews for State Farm (View Most Recent)

Review of Individual Agent as Manager/Boss

Current Employee - AGENT STAFF - TEAM MEMBER in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - AGENT STAFF - TEAM MEMBER in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at State Farm (more than 3 years)

Pros

State Farm is a fabulous company: they pay their claims, their prices are fair and relatively stable, and the support the regional office offers to it's agent's offices is superb.

Cons

Make sure the agent you are working for is a better manager than mine. Agents are independent business owners contracted by State Farm to sell only their products, so agents don't have a guidebook for how they are to treat/pay their employees.

I had a positive experience with the State Farm company!

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Baltimore, MD (US)

I worked at State Farm as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pros were that it was a stable job which kept me busy and engaged. People were wonderful to work with on all levels. I thoroughly enjoyed my position at State Farm.

Cons

There was no room for growth. Company is constantly making useless changes to the system and the way work is done. Once you have everything figured out they make changes. It makes job harder than it has to be. Also agent does minimal work but makes all the money.

Treat the people at the bottom better they are the backbone of the organization.

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm