There are newer employer reviews for State Street

Conservative and Complacent

Former Employee - Global Services Intern in Boston, MA (US)
Former Employee - Global Services Intern in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at State Street as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The SSGS team is very kind. Personally, I received a good amount of work that really added value. I felt as though I was a valuable part of the team and that I wasn't just being paid to sit and twiddle my thumbs. Most of my other intern friends can't say the same. The atmosphere is really relaxed, and my team was very helpful.

Cons

As a whole, I got the feeling that although State Street wants to become a more innovative company, its culture is still very conservative. Its younger crowd is ready for change, but it seems the older generation is very complacent with old processes because they work. It is recognized that there is an obvious need for change and modernization to keep up with the moving market, but the main problem standing in the way of improvement is the acknowledgement that there are many barriers, and the cautionary steps taken rather than the determination to move forward despite all obstacles.

I think you should listen to the new recruits more. Recent graduates are taking many courses that can really add value in regards to a fast growing, changing market. Just because it works, doesn't mean it can't be better. Strive for better and faster.

1318 Other Employee Reviews for State Street (View Most Recent)

good work profile, not so gd pay master

Former Employee - Team Lead in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Mumbai (India)

I worked at State Street full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

a must for new joiners & gives u opportunity to perform & take responsibilities

Cons

not so good payer, lack of motivation

Good way to break into the industry

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Irvine, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Irvine, CA (US)

I have been working at State Street full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

exposure to institutional clients, different investment products, good entry into the business

Cons

complacency keeps people at low paying jobs, not very selective in hiring (lots of dummies are hired), went through layoffs and outsourcing.

There are newer employer reviews for State Street