State Street

www.statestreet.com

Opportunities are Available

Operations Specialist II (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO (US)

ProsGain experience working in a corporate environment. Learn what you should do versus what you should not do. Now I understand the questions necessary for future companies. They pay for school... Take advantage... Find the right group and life becomes flexible... Or, if you're looking for overtime.. there are groups that provide plenty (Just don't plan to be a manager in those groups).

ConsFind the wrong group and you can kiss work/life balance out the window. Most managers could care less what is going on in your personal life.. Just that the work is getting done and efficiencies are being put in place. And you better believe that daily deadlines are more important than your lunch or your health or you getting out on time. Be prepared for weekly turn-over and training of new employees.. Not to mention the consistent cross-training for the inevitable turn-over and call-in rate. Sick days are use them or lose them, therefore turning employees into liars just so they can take advantage of their benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know your employee! Increase the base salary back to what it was a few years ago. Find ways to provide real challenges for employees to keep their interests. Compensate those who go above to obtain their Masters.. It's amazing how many MBA holders there are.. sitting around, not applying their newly obtained education.

Great Place to work compared to larger Investment banks

Assistant Vice-President (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

I worked at State Street full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good Culture and people. Good work life balance. Cons: Based in Canary Wharf, some management stuck in its ways. Advice to Senior Management: ... Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Industry leader for clients, average for employees

Senior Associate (Current Employee) Irvine, CA (US)

I have been working at State Street full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Skilled/knowledgeable employees. Excellent service provided to clients. Cons: Limited career growth opportunities. Non-competitive compensation Advice to Senior Management: Encourage performance based promotions Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on State Street.

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!