StoneMor

www.stonemor.com
  www.stonemor.com
There are newer employer reviews for StoneMor

Wow Really!

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Charleston, WV (US)
Former Employee - Sales Manager in Charleston, WV (US)

I worked at StoneMor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very good pay scale for earnings off commission if you are at a decent park.

Cons

Very unmotivating conference calls two or three times a week. Trying to motivate by telling you that they will replace you just doesnt work. This company installs vaults in their cemeteries before the family needs it, the problem with this is that the vaults probably wont be any good by the time the family needs it, secondly there wont be any money in trust to replace it if under new ownership. The upper management expects you to turn around a cemetery in a matter of weeks that has been struggling for years. Just bad business.

Be more open to the changes taking place in the marketplace, open the doors to cremation products. Offer packages for cremation and promote it. If not just continue to rape and pillage your files and keep your eyes shut to what really is going on. And I was just replaced after 6 weeks, the first month we struggled but were over pace for the month and I had written more than half the budget personally. so you made a huge mistake by replacing me with a former manager that was getting ready to be fired at another cemetery outside the company for not selling. But I guess he was friends with the regional boss. So I will tell you that I will make sure that the very few excellent counselors that here in this market stay far away from any stonemor properties.

59 Other Employee Reviews for StoneMor (View Most Recent)

Mixed Bag

Former Employee - Sales Counselor in Memphis, TN (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Counselor in Memphis, TN (US)

I worked at StoneMor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Upstanding company policy offsets sometimes shady practices by individual employees. "Family Service Counselors"---read: Salesman. Minimum wage plus commission. It works if you work it. Decent products that genuinely please people. Full disclosure seldom.

Cons

Not many married people in the bus. Long hours; weekends. Relocate to advance.

Lies, betrayal, evil, greed, clueless, thieves. Pretty much sums up the upper management.

Former Employee - Grounds Crew
    Former Employee - Grounds Crew

I worked at StoneMor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get to work outdoors.

Cons

They lie to you from the start. Never trust them! The pre-installs are a joke. Once you see one opened up you'll understand. They will give you any excuse they can to not give you a pay raise and they'll raise your insurance. If your in sales they'll give you 3 chances to make your quota. If you don't then you're gone. Oh and no overtime pay. Even though they charge the families. They put making money in front of servicing the families. Most management would not be considered for part time seasonal workers in my book. If the share holders knew what current and former employees knew they would drop their stock ASAP.

Sell your company. You couldn't make it as Loewen group and now you're doing pre-installs that are illegal. Well, maybe their legal in some states but I bet the state leaders have never seen one done. Learn how to treat your employees with respect and dignity. Quit thinking you're Gods.

There are newer employer reviews for StoneMor