sunrise

Former Employee - Concierge  in  London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Concierge in London, England (UK)

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to work for. Supportive and upward mobility potential.

Cons

None that I can think of.

none

Other Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise's vision to champion the quality of life for all Seniors changed what was a "job" into my career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Katy, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX (US)

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I had no idea I was interested in senior living when I applied to Sunrise. I started working and fell in love. Years later, I continue to love my career. At Sunrise, the residents come first. You are encouraged to spend time building relationships with the people who choose to live in your community. The culture in my community is that of a family. We support one another in hard times and celebrate with each other during the good times. There is always something fun happening around the community. You never get bored because there is always something to do. The management team is not perfect, but they try their best and really care about the team. I personally know that they do a lot of things for employees in need of help.

Cons

The hours are long and the expectations are high. There is a high chance for "burnout" when working for Sunrise.

It would be great if there were protections in place for team members to avoid burnout and decrease turnover. I have known many great and talented team members who have left the company simply because of the work/life imbalance when working at Sunrise. This is especially needed for the salaried team members.

HORRIBLEEEEE

Former Employee - Medication Care Manager  in  Paoli, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Medication Care Manager in Paoli, PA (US)

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living part-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the residents and my fellow care managers/ med techs and nurses.

Cons

Horrible pay and on top of that EVERY pay check is short hours and wages. Care level needs 7 care managers on the floor but we usually had 5 and sometimes even 4. The care managers that toilet residents also serve them food. Care managers are also expected to act as nurses if they are too busy or out of the building. The managers will help in the dinning room for 30 minutes if we are short and then tell the staff they dont understand why we complain its really not bad. There is one house keeper to the ENTIRE building who is only on 5 days a week. Benefits are a huge joke. The workers would actually look nicer if they were to wear scrubs because most of them can not afford to buy nice clothes due to the lack of pay and due to the type of work, they should not be required to wear nice clothes considering what they get on it.

Switch all of the above. We are not a dime a dozen it costs alot of money to put us through a week of Sunrise U and a week of shadowing and not to mention to pay the teacher at Sunrise U. If you treated the employees right and had enough staff there would be less turn over and less training money would have to be put out each month.

There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living.

Worked for Sunrise Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!