Symbian
www.symbianfoundation.org London, United Kingdom 1 to 5 Employees

Compensation and benefits good, managers need improvement.

Network Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Symbian

ProsThe compensation is at least comparable with similar London-based companies, at least in Information Systems. ~This may be due to the presence of city-based companies (i.e. financial institutions) in the vicinity - although it will be interesting to see how their difficulties at present influence Symbian's compensation packages.

The benefits are good, especially medical insurance, which a number of people I know have made use of.

Management attitude to work/life balance is favourable, and it is always possible to take time off for necessities & emergencies.

The work is often interesting and challenging - although not always so!

ConsIS management are definitely not people-oriented, and seem to make a habit of putting their foot in their mouth every time they try to make an announcement. Furthermore, one or two in particular seem to go out of their way to avoid exchanging even a single word with some of their staff. I'm sure that some middle managers don't even know who some of their staff are, despite working yards away from them!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease try to get managers with properly developed people skills. And please stop avoiding peoples' difficult questions about the future.

Great people, nice place for techies, salary could be better.

Graduate Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Symbian

Pros: Working atmosphere: Friendly atmosphere. Graduates are treated great and get to form great relationships. Work/life balance: Flexible working hours and management is supportive when you need to be… Cons: Graduates seem to be stack with the graduate group that they joined. There are a lot of people that joined 5-10 years ago and form… Advice to Senior Management: - More

Enjoyable place to work, but management competency varies between teams, and not best for graduate salary.

Technical Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Symbian

Pros: Working atmosphere: Friendly and relaxed atmosphere (no dress code) where people are hired for their talent and then trusted to do a good job. Work/life balance: Flexible working… Cons: Job security: The main downside at the moment for employees is that we are about to be taken over by Nokia which naturally leads to fears… Advice to Senior Management: Consistency between teams (singing from the same hymn sheet): I think that there are plenty of good improvement schemes happening within Symbian, but with the company… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Symbian.

Worked for Symbian? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Symbian reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Symbian CEO Tim Holbrow. All reviews posted anonymously by Symbian employees.