There are newer employer reviews for Synopsys

Synopsys is a good place and I'm proud to work here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

I have been working at Synopsys

Pros

Stable
Work can be interesting and challenging
Very capable and competent peer group-employees and managers are very high quality folks!
Work environment is pretty good. (Not spectacular - we could use a little more "fun" factor)
The bonuses pay pretty well consistently
The company works hard not to manage budgets with constant and deep headcount cuts
Very customer oriented and driven!

Cons

Too conservative about some things; not a risk-taking company; too much of "this is how we've always done it" or " we've already tried that (10 years ago) and it didn't work"
Take too long to make decisions
Lack of growth in the sector is affecting career mobility of younger workers - and there is a lot of very long time employees who are unlikely to leave and try something new

Employees want to hear from Aart and Chi-Foon about the plan to address Global Employee Survey feedback on Rewards and Recognition. Ultimately chosing not to give pay increases while still holding margins and significant cash has many folks feeling a little betrayed after ongoing hard work in very competitive industry.

486 Other Employee Reviews for Synopsys (View Most Recent)

Good to work in a solid company with the horrid economy!

Current Employee - Research and Development Manager
    Current Employee - Research and Development Manager

I have been working at Synopsys

Pros

Successful company with motivation to be the market leader.

Cons

Managers are technical experts promoted into management.

Promoting strong technical people into management, where they do not have people skills, harms the company in two ways. The great technical contributions cease, and people under the new manager are now dissatisfied. Two strikes!

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA (US)

I have been working at Synopsys

Pros

Good technology company with a sound management and leadership at helm. People are
    bright and nice to work with. Most of the time managers are flexible as long as work gets done.

Cons

Synopsys and the EDA industry itself is trying to reinvent itself in terms of creating a more profitable business model. Till a more profitable model is invented, growth is going to be an issue.

Continue to maintain the focus and come up with a viable strategy for stronger growth.

There are newer employer reviews for Synopsys