T. Rowe Price

A supervisor's perspective

Supervisor (Current Employee)
Owings Mills, MD (US)

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLots of career options. Support to explore different areas(varies by manager and organization) but overall supportive. Excellent training and continuing education. Good benefits like 401 k, stock, matching, profit sharing. Strong company reputation.

ConsAs a supervisor I have seen how things have changed from when I was an associate. In talking with my peers we all feel the same. We are no longer valued. A little more value is given to associates, but this is only because they get recognition. We are expected to be here no matter what. Holidays, weekends, severe weather events. The decision to be here 1/1/13 and just sit here with little to no work vs. give a tired and beat down staff some time off speaks volumes. When other sites close in these conditions we are expected to risk life and limb to get here. I have heard stories about the treatment of associates during recent severe weather events and it is upsetting. This is truly a great company I still believe that and I know there are still great leaders. I have a good network and see how other parts of the org are running under leaders that see their people as humans and care about them.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get more involved in this area. There are good people here. We care about the business and our people.

Great Company... But some opportunity

Supervisor (Current Employee)
Owings Mills, MD (US)

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good network of people. Met a lot of my friends here. There are a lot of management programs and trainings one can take… Cons: Low pay, long hours, positions across the board stay open for extended periods of time making it hard to supervisor our teams and run the… Advice to Senior Management: Hire appropriately, at all levels but especially the management levels. This is having a big impact on the people and the business. Have… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Associate

I have been working at T. Rowe Price for more than 3 years

Pros: very good benefits, good foundation for understanding the financial world Cons: Extremely long hours and your salary is horrible. When you have overtime everyday of the week plus coming in early a couple times a week… Advice to Senior Management: Pay your employees more money. You can't say your salary is "competetive" when other companies are paying their employees 10k plus for similiar work. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on T. Rowe Price.

Worked for T. Rowe Price? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at T. Rowe Price reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for T. Rowe Price CEO James A. C. Kennedy. All reviews posted anonymously by T. Rowe Price employees.