There are newer employer reviews for T. Rowe Price

A supervisor's perspective

Current Employee - Supervisor in Owings Mills, MD (US)
Current Employee - Supervisor in Owings Mills, MD (US)

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of career options. Support to explore different areas(varies by manager and organization) but overall supportive. Excellent training and continuing education. Good benefits like 401 k, stock, matching, profit sharing. Strong company reputation.

Cons

As a supervisor I have seen how things have changed from when I was an associate. In talking with my peers we all feel the same. We are no longer valued. A little more value is given to associates, but this is only because they get recognition. We are expected to be here no matter what. Holidays, weekends, severe weather events. The decision to be here 1/1/13 and just sit here with little to no work vs. give a tired and beat down staff some time off speaks volumes. When other sites close in these conditions we are expected to risk life and limb to get here. I have heard stories about the treatment of associates during recent severe weather events and it is upsetting. This is truly a great company I still believe that and I know there are still great leaders. I have a good network and see how other parts of the org are running under leaders that see their people as humans and care about them.

Please get more involved in this area. There are good people here. We care about the business and our people.

276 Other Employee Reviews for T. Rowe Price (View Most Recent)

Started with TRP right out of college, several career advancement opportunities since

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Owings Mills, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Owings Mills, MD (US)

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, work / life balance, benefits and development opportunities

Cons

Low salary compared to similar positions at other firms

State Government but without the frills

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Plenty of nice hard working people in the production roles.
    You can depend on the people you work with, because if they couldn't produce they would have been forced out a long time ago.
    Free Folgers in the break room.

Cons

Way too many layers of management.
    Limited people in production roles with supervisors, managers, business unit heads over them contributing little.
    Spends millions on consultants that provide no value, only suggestions for the future initiatives that never happen.
    Limited room for growth, very conservative with adding new positions.
    Very big on watered down job descriptions that immediately expand once you start, though which are never updated to reflect the new work.
    You can work your way from the bottom to the middle, but any position above that they are going to look to hire from the outside. If you are coming from the outside, look to make 20-30% more then your peers in the same roles (good for you though).

I have seen countless smart and hardworking people leave because the comp is so lacking compared to industry peers. You would rather have a person spend 1-2 years learning a new role then pay somebody who knows it inside and out the 2-3k to stay.
    You used to fire back the "great benefits pitch" but now you have taken all of them away.

There are newer employer reviews for T. Rowe Price