There are newer employer reviews for TJX Companies

This is an OK job for just the experience.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Elizabeth, NJ (US)
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Elizabeth, NJ (US)

I worked at TJX Companies part-time for less than a year

Pros

This was a great way for me to gain some experience in retail as I was 18 when I started and fresh out of high school. I gained some nice relations with the staff there. Everyone was friendly and around my age besides the managers.

Cons

My manager was beyond rude and a complete B ! I was cross trained to work the mens dept and always be on the register so everytime I would be called to a register my manager will always cause a prob with the other managers about me getting called to a register. I also hated the fact that I was only getting paid 7.25/hr and I was part time working full time hrs which beyond dumb.

Need to work on giving everyone a reasonable amount of hrs along with a better pay.

406 Other Employee Reviews for TJX Companies (View Most Recent)

Outsources with a company that is apparently not an EOE

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Framingham, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA (US)

I have been working at TJX Companies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Past: If you worked hard, you were rewarded and you could look forward to having a future with this company of which you have given any and all spare time to (nights, weekends, holidays, vacations)

Cons

Now: Outsources IT positions with a company that is apparently not an EOE. You will get notified of being laid off but expected to train your outsourcing replacement before you leave. There is no sense of loyalty from upper management to those in the IT trenches working day in/day out to ensure that all devices are functioning normally and all data is accurate. They only care about the stock price and the shareholders.

Currently, both the President and former Massachusetts Governor Romney are running part of their campaigns on how to stop outsourcing and bring jobs back here to Americans who need and deserve them. Take heed - STOP OUTSOURCING NOW

Great exposure not a lot growth

Current Employee - Merchandising Assistant  in  Framingham, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Merchandising Assistant in Framingham, MA (US)

I have been working at TJX Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great exposure, fashion forward, good quality of life, great amenities in the building

Cons

Limited growth if you are not on the PACE career track, even more challenging for employees to get into PACE

Treat MA's better, pay them more money, make position salary

There are newer employer reviews for TJX Companies

Worked for TJX Companies? Contribute to the Community!