There are newer employer reviews for Target

Definitely a fun place to work.

Current Employee - Electronics Team Member in Philadelphia, PA (US)
Current Employee - Electronics Team Member in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at Target part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great relationships formed with the team members and guests. Flexible schedule. Good team member rewards for productivity.

Cons

No opportunities for advancement at my store. A new target store opened less than 5 miles from our store which significantly reduced our sales, and reduced pay roll, making it very difficult to perform tasks.

Create more of a relationship with the team members rather than just being their boss. It's really appreciated when the management knows something about your life.

8690 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

If you want a career in retail, this could be the place to be.

Former Employee - ETL-Logistics
    Former Employee - ETL-Logistics

I worked at Target full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, upward mobility *with a college degree*, lots of opportunity to work on strengths and weaknesses that can carry over to different employment

Cons

Workload too much at certain volume stores, must have college degree to be considered for key holder, promotions based on interview rather than performance, no work/life balance during the holidays (and getting worse) hourly pay starts at minimum wage or just above.

Overall great company, but so...boring

Former Employee - Cashier in Savage, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Cashier in Savage, MN (US)

I worked at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

They are flexible with hours, have yearly raises, enough employees to cover your time off, great customers, great benefits, you get to know whenever something new comes out, because everyone buys it, you know when the best sales are, great experiance for high schoolers. There is also plenty of room to move up from wherever you start out!

Cons

This job was just really boring, and there is no music in the store and it is so dry. My hands were always raw within the first 30 minutes of my shift due to dryness and paper bags!

Add moistorizer to each cash register and add light music to the store, music makes customers happier, willing to buy a CD if they like a song, and forget about how long they are at the store.

There are newer employer reviews for Target