There are newer employer reviews for Target

Great learning for mature professionals in balancing strategic thinking and immediate execution.

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Inclusive culture; genuine integration with HQ; opportunity to understand retail as a business in all its complexity; good work-life balance; genuine emphasis on well-being and CSR

Cons

Too much emphasis on being "brand-right", which does not always allow for right action in Indian conditions (though this is slowly changing); very hierarchy driven; you cannot question the leaders beyond a point; nothing specifically bad when compared to other companies of similar size.

Advice to Management

Target has a great culture, but it is suited for US job market and work ethics. We should examine the assumptions before adopting the practices in total here. Indian workforce is not yet mature enough to fully value the culture and contribute accordingly. A simple case in point is our emphasis on work-life balance. It mostly ends in too little work, and too much "life", because our junior folks are not mature enough to get the right balance, and their managers are too scared of losing them, or too lazy/immature to guide them.

reviews filtered by

Horrible pay, definition of overworked and underpaid.

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Stoughton, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Stoughton, MA (US)

I worked at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

it was a job that I took on a lot of responsibilities expecting to get a raise or a recommendation. They failed there. The people I worked with were good, though.

Cons

too much responsibility for the pay. got a 6 cent raise after a year. what a joke

Advice to Management

Value your team members. Otherwise you will constantly lose employees.

Great team and fun environment.

Current Employee - ETL Human Resources in Miami, FL (US)
    Current Employee - ETL Human Resources in Miami, FL (US)

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyday interactions with a diverse team. The fast paced environment allot he gives you the autonomy to make real life business decisions that will impacts teams and the global business.

Cons

Work / Life Balance. The environment is very demanding and requires you give many hours of work time to be successful.

Advice to Management

Be realistic with the expectations.