Great learning for mature professionals in balancing strategic thinking and immediate execution.

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Inclusive culture; genuine integration with HQ; opportunity to understand retail as a business in all its complexity; good work-life balance; genuine emphasis on well-being and CSR

Cons

Too much emphasis on being "brand-right", which does not always allow for right action in Indian conditions (though this is slowly changing); very hierarchy driven; you cannot question the leaders beyond a point; nothing specifically bad when compared to other companies of similar size.

Target has a great culture, but it is suited for US job market and work ethics. We should examine the assumptions before adopting the practices in total here. Indian workforce is not yet mature enough to fully value the culture and contribute accordingly. A simple case in point is our emphasis on work-life balance. It mostly ends in too little work, and too much "life", because our junior folks are not mature enough to get the right balance, and their managers are too scared of losing them, or too lazy/immature to guide them.

Other Reviews for Target

Fantastic company. I highly recommend!

Current Employee - Operations Group Leader
    Current Employee - Operations Group Leader

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent development for young business professionals. They invest a lot in their execs and truly care about your success. Room to grow, make mistakes, and learn from them. They have an engaged culture like no other company. One of the best companies to start your career after you graduate.

Cons

Very competitive environment that takes time to move up. Probably an opportunity to move high potential execs to their next position faster.

Solid upper management!

Great vision and mission, hit-or-miss execution

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager

I worked at Target full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of great people, commitment to community service, wellness and diversity, very good compensation for salaried team. At its best, Target is an amazing place to work. There were days that I couldn't believe I had such a wonderful job.

Cons

Some regions are experiencing high turnover due to culture change (more emphasis on immediate metrics versus long-term development), work-life balance is still not great. I think the issues may be geographically isolated but I felt that there were many people afraid of losing their jobs when they didn't need to be afraid, and that was too bad.

There are newer employer reviews for Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!