There are newer employer reviews for Target

Great learning for mature professionals in balancing strategic thinking and immediate execution.

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Inclusive culture; genuine integration with HQ; opportunity to understand retail as a business in all its complexity; good work-life balance; genuine emphasis on well-being and CSR

Cons

Too much emphasis on being "brand-right", which does not always allow for right action in Indian conditions (though this is slowly changing); very hierarchy driven; you cannot question the leaders beyond a point; nothing specifically bad when compared to other companies of similar size.

Target has a great culture, but it is suited for US job market and work ethics. We should examine the assumptions before adopting the practices in total here. Indian workforce is not yet mature enough to fully value the culture and contribute accordingly. A simple case in point is our emphasis on work-life balance. It mostly ends in too little work, and too much "life", because our junior folks are not mature enough to get the right balance, and their managers are too scared of losing them, or too lazy/immature to guide them.

8786 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Fantastic company. I highly recommend!

Current Employee - Operations Group Leader
    Current Employee - Operations Group Leader

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent development for young business professionals. They invest a lot in their execs and truly care about your success. Room to grow, make mistakes, and learn from them. They have an engaged culture like no other company. One of the best companies to start your career after you graduate.

Cons

Very competitive environment that takes time to move up. Probably an opportunity to move high potential execs to their next position faster.

Solid upper management!

Horrible pay, definition of overworked and underpaid.

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Stoughton, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Stoughton, MA (US)

I worked at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

it was a job that I took on a lot of responsibilities expecting to get a raise or a recommendation. They failed there. The people I worked with were good, though.

Cons

too much responsibility for the pay. got a 6 cent raise after a year. what a joke

Value your team members. Otherwise you will constantly lose employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Target