There are newer employer reviews for Target

Great

Current Employee - Overnight Stocker
Current Employee - Overnight Stocker

I have been working at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros

I work at the Target in Christiansburg, VA, and I love it. . It's a lot of fun, the ETL's are all very nice and very active in the store. They really work with with you if you need time off or something comes up and you need to leave early. Great store.

Cons

Constantly pushing the RED card's I understand it help the store and everything. I completely understand but there isn't anything we can do if the person doesn't want it. I don't have too much negative to say.

8293 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Good place to work while going to school

Current Employee - Cashier and Salesfloor  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier and Salesfloor in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Target part-time for more than a year

Pros

They're really flexible with your schedule. Your work place is very clean and you have a positive work environment. Good social life with your coworkers. Tasks are very easy and hours are very good depending on the time and store.

Cons

You only get a 10% discount as an employee. They push really hard for Target Redcards especially as cashiers. If you're good at selling debit/credit cards then you'll be fine as a cashier but other than that you'll hate coming to work being pushed so hard to get Redcards!

Great place to start out

Former Employee - Logistics  in  Roseville, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Logistics in Roseville, MN (US)

I worked at Target full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, team support, great benefits, and quality training creates a great work environment and desire for the employee to grow with the company. Upper management has the right attitude to support the company goals.

Cons

Large corporation with business oriented goals. Employees must be motivated and aggressive to advance. Without good people skills, middle management can be a stumbling block for those desiring to move up.

Potentially great employees may fall thru the cracks because immediate supervisors (mid management, ETLs, etc) seem to be self-serving and not always company goal oriented.

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!