Teach for America
www.teachforamerica.org New York, NY 150 to 499 Employees

Teach for America, while a challenge, offers a lot of support.

Corps Member (Current Employee)
Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Teach for America full-time for more than a year

ProsFeeling like you're making a difference. Prestige when looking for other jobs after commitment ends. A lot of support from TFA regional and national staff. Tons of resources available to all TFA corps members.

ConsDefinitely a challenge. Huge time commitment. Stressful. Lack of choice about living location/subject you teach/school you teach at.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more realistic about how difficult it can be when you join TFA. Make Institute longer or ensure that teachers get more experience before they're in their own classroom.

Never boring!

Teacher (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Teach for America full-time for more than a year

Pros: The work is extremely rewarding, never boring, and provides great… Cons: Long hours, a lot of up's and downs, and dealing with incompetent or uncaring coworkers.… Advice to Senior Management: Provide good training once you have TFA members at your… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great alternative pathway into teaching K-12

High School Teacher (Science) (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Teach for America full-time for more than a year

Pros: * Strong community building within the corps, gives a great support group; very helpful later on for career networking, either within or outside of a… Cons: * Work/life balance difficult to manage, particularly during training and the first few months (or year) of teaching. This is not necessarily caused by… Advice to Senior Management: Strengthen your trainings/workshops on curriculum-building (especially for ELs and classes… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Teach for America.

Worked for Teach for America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teach for America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Teach for America CEO Matthew Kramer & Elisa Villanueva Beard . All reviews posted anonymously by Teach for America employees.