Terracon

www.terracon.com

Solid Company for Long Term Professionals

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFinancially very sound (this was a major plus during the recesssion). That doesn't mean there weren't layoffs, it just means they were done appropriately to avoid everyone being afraid the doors might close.
Generally great people to work with - strong work ethic, like to solve problems, pragmatic, honest.
Company continues to adopt a more progressive and transparent culture as it evolves from a medium to large company.
Employee-owned - everyone gets a piece of the benefits of ownership and decisions are focused on long-term goals, not just next quarter's earnings.
Better than average benefits
Recent emphasis and approach to employee safety and wellbeing is real and strongly supported by senior management.
Although it's a big company, average office size is about 20 employees, so it generally feels like a small office environment (yet offers the resources of a large company). With over 130 offices across the country, many in rural environments, there are frequent oppotunities (not requirements) for relocation, if desired.

ConsClient-imposed (and managment accepted) short schedules and inconsistent workloads can create a lot of stress and challenge on staffing.
Office managers have a lot of autonomy, so while many are great, lack of accountability on how some run their offices allows for poor practices is some locatations.
The nature of construction-related work brings with it an inconsistent and season workload that is not suitable for folks who need a consistent paycheck throughout the year or are not able to accomodate long hours when the work gets heavy.
Career opportunities are good for tecnical posiitons, much less so for non-technical (e.g., admin, marketing, etc.)

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work torward more transparency. Look for ways to try and even out the seasonal workload swings for technicians. Make sure senior managers are aware of how mid-level and office managers are running thier operations and consistently hold them accountable to established standards for everyone's benefit.

Great company, great benefits great pay

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Greenville, NC (US)

I worked at Terracon full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great salary, benefits and company perks. Interesting work that kept… Cons: Nothing company related. Some employees were difficult to work with. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great

Staff Engineer (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Terracon full-time for less than a year

Pros: Moralle is great, people are great, oklahoma city culture is great--very friendly and open people. I llike the large emphasis on safety, and the culture… Cons: Oklahoma city is not very pretty. No mountains. Not very green. There is a 20 word… Advice to Senior Management: Keep it up! (everything that is going on is great) Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Terracon.

Worked for Terracon? Contribute to the Community!