The Body Shop

www.thebodyshop.com

I love working for this company, however prepare for long hours

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsEncouraged to speak up and share ideas
Fantastic network of fellow managers for support and spirit-lifting!
Beautiful products, customer engagement and shop floor environment

ConsA lot is demanded from managers and assistant managers. You'll either embrace it (expected to 'run' your business rather than turn up and set up, close down and go) or you'll buckle.
Long hours - expectation is to be present and work at least 30 minutes before and after you're rota'd (and therefore paid) for every day but this is often more.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic about the working hours required of managers/assistant managers and reflect that in the weekly scheduling if you cannot reflect it in pay.

Its great and more learning to work at the body shop they'll helping people.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I have been working at The Body Shop as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Because all the employee of the bodyshop are knowledgeable not only to have a sales or increase… Cons: Employee working 8hours only no overtime allowed. Advice to Senior Management: Nothing Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A company that fights for the fair treatment of strangers but cares little for it's employees

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at The Body Shop full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great selection of naturally based, ethically produced products. Committed to human… Cons: Low pay for the industry. High expectations of management and sales staff, not commensurate with salary offered. Cares very much for the well being of individuals around… Advice to Senior Management: Be more competitive with your salary offers and pay increases. The company is struggling because of an inability to retain the right people, who are… More

There are newer reviews on The Body Shop.

Worked for The Body Shop? Contribute to the Community!