There are newer employer reviews for The Campus Special

Unmatchable Learning Experience

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Ames, IA (US)
Former Employee - Account Executive in Ames, IA (US)

I worked at The Campus Special as an intern for less than a year

Pros

There was no such thing as a typical day of work. Every day was new and exciting either making progress with current potential clients, closing a sale you'd been working really diligently on, or meeting new business owners and having unlimited opportunities to make a lasting impression as a professional.

I learned a lot about myself, from just how persistent I could be to get a job done, how hard I was willing to work to build a good reputation for myself and the company, and how to motivate myself on those hot summer mornings when air-conditioning is calling. It was an amazing experience and looking back I know that I gained so much more than if I had just been fetching coffee or making copies.

The best part about the job is getting to see the finished product and know that you spent your summer working towards that end point and having it finally be right in front of you.

I'm so glad I took this internship. It has helped open so many doors for me and helped me grow out of that 'student' mindset and feel more like a real professional with real world skills and experience to contribute.

Cons

The hardest part of the job was dealing with rejection or difficult clients. The thing that helped get me though that was confidence in our product as well as knowing that I was walking into a business determined to help them have more of a presence with the students on our campus. Like I said, any time I needed a lift both my manager and my coworkers would help me out by making me laugh, put things in perspective, shake it off, and move on to the next one.

Our managers trusted us completely to be working our best and representing them well. I knew no matter what the case that I could call my manager and get advice, a morale boost, or a really loud cheer of celebration. All of the managers worked as a team to support us, and it's been clear since day one that they truly care about each of us and our futures. The only thing that was a little difficult was if the phone lines ever got tied up, it

256 Other Employee Reviews for The Campus Special (View Most Recent)

The internship was the most rewarding experience in helping my career.

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at The Campus Special full-time for more than a year

Pros

-work with extremely helpful and caring managers
    -If you work hard to get high rewards
    -Control of your schedule during day
    -Internship experience that will put you ahead of your peers
    -Career partners- help you connect with employers after internship

Cons

-Driving around campus
    -learning to deal with rejection
    -hard work

Keep the great communication with the interns in the field.

Senior Account Executive

I have been working at The Campus Special as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Great hands on sales training, a total resume booster, hands on sales experience. This internship will change your life not only as a student, but in helping you land your dream job upon graduation. Incredibly beneficial to everything that pertains to life, and the business world.

Cons

Campus Special requires you to work, as does any internship that is preparing you for a successful future. Really, there are no cons.

Absolutely nothing, you manage your interns well and the experience has been incredible. Thanks for the opportunity!

There are newer employer reviews for The Campus Special

Worked for The Campus Special? Contribute to the Community!