Nice Co-workers and managers but ridiculous work and expectance

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Brooklyn, NY (US)
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

I worked at The Children's Place part-time for less than a year

Pros

The managers were really nice and they were understanding about most things. Polite and respectful customers can really make your day,

Cons

Closing in this store is dreadful. During the day, kids would be running around the place like it is a day care center with no adults. By the end of the day, the place would look like a tornado hit it. Sometimes, closing associates would have to stay till 1 or 2 am to close the store. I never understood why they couldn't call more people to come in so everyone can leave earlier..Oh and, customers can be very very rude.

Be more respectful of your associate's schedules. We are working minimum wage for too much!

Other Reviews for The Children's Place

Love my job, but not in love with the low pay!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Algonquin, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Algonquin, IL (US)

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time for less than a year

Pros

It's really a lot of fun. I love the small retail daily routine.

Cons

The pay is pathetic, especially for all the hours we end up putting in and the very heavy workload.

Pay your staff more! This would solve a lot of the turnover and money/time wasted on constantly training new-hires!

Impossible to live on.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time for less than a year

Pros

The job itself is fun. I enjoy working the register, handling exchanges/returns, etc, and always having something to do, whether it's processing shipment, replenishing, or helping a mom put together an outfit. The boss was very understanding about my inability to work weekends, and the co-workers were all very nice. Any time I needed help, my boss was out there instantly to help me.

Cons

The pay is awful and the hours are worse. I am getting a total of FIVE hours a week. Even then, my five hour day was cut down to four. That is my biggest complaint. I am available Mon-Fri, but I'm getting one day a week. Even then, management continues to hire more employees. Management is very nice, but sometimes very disorganized. I've had my schedule changed without even being notified, and when I would show up to work, all I would be told is that they changed it and I have to go home. Call-in's are also very annoying. They will temporarily schedule you for a shift, but you have to call an hour before the scheduled time to see if they will even use your shift. 99% of the time, they don't use your call-in, and you end up staying home anyway.

STOP hiring excessive amounts of employees and give the rest of us actual hours. I didn't apply here to work four hours a week.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place.

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!