There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Nice Co-workers and managers but ridiculous work and expectance

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY (US)
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The managers were really nice and they were understanding about most things. Polite and respectful customers can really make your day,

Cons

Closing in this store is dreadful. During the day, kids would be running around the place like it is a day care center with no adults. By the end of the day, the place would look like a tornado hit it. Sometimes, closing associates would have to stay till 1 or 2 am to close the store. I never understood why they couldn't call more people to come in so everyone can leave earlier..Oh and, customers can be very very rude.

Be more respectful of your associate's schedules. We are working minimum wage for too much!

530 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

A Great Place To Work

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Job security; competitive wages; app. 4 weeks of PTO time; sick time allotted; management user friendly

Cons

Sick time does not roll over; no air conditioning in 90 % of work areas

Due to the increased volume of being the only distribution center we could use some updates to increase the proficiency of production in supplying our retail stores.

Too many politics, too much turnover, too much micromanagement...

Former Employee - Employee in Secaucus, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Employee in Secaucus, NJ (US)

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The majority of the people who work for the company are smart, talented people. Benefits are fantastic compared to other retailers at the corporate level. Workload is fair and manageable most of the time.

Cons

The politics here are terrible. Upper management is similar to a high school clique...seems as if many talented executives have been hired and quickly fired, to the point where sometimes they aren't there long enough to even attempt to make a difference. The amount of micromanagement is un-believeable. Being at a mid-senior level at the company is almost impossible...your boss is 'scared' to make any decisions, which makes you unable to properly give direction to your staff, which is incredibly frustrating. There is way too much time wasted waiting for approvals, feedback, cross-functional agreement, etc. due to the politics. Depends on the 'mood' of the decision maker that day. The turnover here is higher than I have seen at any other company, which is very unfortunate.

Start utilizing your teams, and stop micromanaging all aspects of the business. Stop playing favorites, it is incredibly unprofessional.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place