The Children's Place

www.childrensplace.com

Too many politics, too much turnover, too much micromanagement...

Employee (Former Employee) Secaucus, NJ (US)

ProsThe majority of the people who work for the company are smart, talented people. Benefits are fantastic compared to other retailers at the corporate level. Workload is fair and manageable most of the time.

ConsThe politics here are terrible. Upper management is similar to a high school clique...seems as if many talented executives have been hired and quickly fired, to the point where sometimes they aren't there long enough to even attempt to make a difference. The amount of micromanagement is un-believeable. Being at a mid-senior level at the company is almost impossible...your boss is 'scared' to make any decisions, which makes you unable to properly give direction to your staff, which is incredibly frustrating. There is way too much time wasted waiting for approvals, feedback, cross-functional agreement, etc. due to the politics. Depends on the 'mood' of the decision maker that day. The turnover here is higher than I have seen at any other company, which is very unfortunate.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart utilizing your teams, and stop micromanaging all aspects of the business. Stop playing favorites, it is incredibly unprofessional.

Software Engineer

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Secaucus, NJ (US)

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The job is pretty lay back, the co-workers are OK.… Cons: The managements are weak technically. They won't help you to resolve the issues, but… Advice to Senior Management: The company can be much better by playing less politics. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A Great Place To Work

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Job security; competitive wages; app. 4 weeks of PTO time;… Cons: Sick time does not roll over; no air conditioning in… Advice to Senior Management: Due to the increased volume of being the only distribution center we could… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on The Children's Place.

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!