The Hartford

www.thehartford.com
  www.thehartford.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Hartford

Great in the beginning but it is a shrinking company.

Former Employee - IT Professional in Hartford, CT (US)
Former Employee - IT Professional in Hartford, CT (US)

I worked at The Hartford full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good compensation. Work from home available in many areas. Great co-workers.

Cons

This is a shrinking company which has and continues to let go hundreds of people in the past several years to offshore companies or by virtue of divestiture. The threat of being laid off is constant and affects employees morale.
There are little to no advancement opportunities, especially for women. Gender bias was a frequent observation.

Be careful to monitor the quality of service being delivered to the customer in the midst of transformation.
When a company is shrinking at the rate HIG is this may be difficult but make attempts, even if small, to provide opportunities for advancement.

652 Other Employee Reviews for The Hartford (View Most Recent)

I miss Working here!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Allentown, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Allentown, PA (US)

I worked at The Hartford full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy and fun job in my opinion. They pay you very well and treat their employees with a great deal of respect. I cannot say enough about how great my co workers and trainers were. The trainers were there to help you every step of the way and answered every question you had and made sure everybody in the class was at the same pace and always caught up.

Cons

Job security sucked! I was there two months and I miss it. Moreover, with it being an insurance company, there are a lot of stupid and weird rules to follow when on the phone with customers and that can make customers angry and can cause stress especially when you are taking up to 100 calls a day. This did not bother me at all but it does for some. The Call Center environment isnt for everyone but I do enjoy it.

Take me back! lol

Great Work Life Balance, Wonderful People, Wonderful Leadership.

I worked at The Hartford full-time

Pros

Work Life Balance Policy is great, the people I worked with were so helpful and real team players. The leaders of the different departments I worked with were always there to listen as well as offer friendly advice.

Cons

No cons I can think of.

There are newer employer reviews for The Hartford