The Hartford

www.thehartford.com

Great company overall but to many warning signs

Worker's Compensation Adjuster (Former Employee) Syracuse, NY (US)

ProsI can't say enough how great the benefits are, especially for salaried employees. Great amount of paid time off.

ConsLocal management tries to hard to impress the main office by consistently setting performance standards that exceed those set by the main office. The problem is that the main office has set the requirements based on objective review while the regional vice-president sets more aggressive goals to try and look better without any thought given to the virtual impossible work load created.

This has lead to a large downturn in moral. The RVP needs to acknowledge the level of dedication her staff is showing in their attempts to meet the standards they have set.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe main office needs to take a very close look at how the RVP's are implementing the goals set by the central office. In fact, they should not allow the RVP's to alter these goals without express approval and without specific reasons why the goals need to be different for the particular regional office.

Waiting for the dust to settle

Staff Internal Auditor (Current Employee) Hartford, CT (US)

I have been working at The Hartford full-time for more than a year

Pros: Despite all the change currently happening, there are still plenty of opportunities within the remaining lines of business. Managers are generally supportive and the company… Cons: Functions can be feel siloed, i.e. lines of communication between groups and functions tends to… Advice to Senior Management: Communication has been good, and the divestitures were handled well. It's hard to appease… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A great place to begin your career

Project Manager III (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at The Hartford full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Hartford does a good job of providing development training, skill… Cons: Career opportunities are hard to come by if you are… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to spread the talent development to remote sites. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on The Hartford.

Worked for The Hartford? Contribute to the Community!