The Pantry

www.thepantry.com

Corporate Office Employee Underpayment Is This Company's Policy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cary, NC (US)

ProsThe organization's flexibility of working with your work -life schedule.
Openess to accept new ideas as well as implementation of those ideas. The company's processes and procedures are outdated and they now realize to remain competive they must incorporate a higher caliber employee.
Overall respectfull work enviroment especially now that a new CEO has arrived.

ConsThe company makes it a practice to under pay/compensate their employees regardless of performance. If you are thinking about becoming a part of this organization negotiate salary, benefits, and vacation upfront.
Software, policy, practices, and procdeures are outdated even though now there are trying to come into the present.
A lot of the managment aren't as knowledgable in their field as they should be.
The company handbook is too open ended. Alot is left to managerial discretion which opens the company to neopotism or favortism issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementFairly compensate your employees to retain your talent versus talented individuals using this organization as a temporary lay over until something better comes along.
Human Resources needs to create a real handbook and don't leave so much up to managerial discretion.

Talented? Don't work here

District Manager (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC (US)

I have been working at The Pantry full-time for less than a year

Pros: The new President seems nice, but knows nothing about how… Cons: I work in the corporate region, one of the company's best District Manager's went on vacation, came back, went out on illness and coincidentally did… Advice to Senior Management: Upper Management seems really nice but are completely unaware of why they are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

In the trenches

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Palm Bay, FL (US)

I have been working at The Pantry full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: They offered employment when I was laid off from my… Cons: Takes over your life: constant schedule changes, poor communication starting from corporate and within each store, started a training system but still no continuity from… Advice to Senior Management: Get your act together before you sink the whole ship! We… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on The Pantry.

Worked for The Pantry? Contribute to the Community!