The Pantry
www.thepantry.com Cary, NC 5000+ Employees

Corporate Office Employee Underpayment Is This Company's Policy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Cary, NC (US)

I worked at The Pantry full-time for more than a year

ProsThe organization's flexibility of working with your work -life schedule.
Openess to accept new ideas as well as implementation of those ideas. The company's processes and procedures are outdated and they now realize to remain competive they must incorporate a higher caliber employee.
Overall respectfull work enviroment especially now that a new CEO has arrived.

ConsThe company makes it a practice to under pay/compensate their employees regardless of performance. If you are thinking about becoming a part of this organization negotiate salary, benefits, and vacation upfront.
Software, policy, practices, and procdeures are outdated even though now there are trying to come into the present.
A lot of the managment aren't as knowledgable in their field as they should be.
The company handbook is too open ended. Alot is left to managerial discretion which opens the company to neopotism or favortism issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementFairly compensate your employees to retain your talent versus talented individuals using this organization as a temporary lay over until something better comes along.
Human Resources needs to create a real handbook and don't leave so much up to managerial discretion.

Write-Up Policy Stinks

Cashier (Former Employee)
Lexington, SC (US)

I worked at The Pantry full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good pay, good benefits, flexible hours Cons: Higher ups don't understand what is involved in running a… Advice to Senior Management: LISTEN to your employees better. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Talented? Don't work here

District Manager (Current Employee)
Raleigh, NC (US)

I have been working at The Pantry full-time for less than a year

Pros: The new President seems nice, but knows nothing about how… Cons: I work in the corporate region, one of the company's best District Manager's went on vacation, came back, went out on illness and coincidentally did… Advice to Senior Management: Upper Management seems really nice but are completely unaware of why they are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on The Pantry.

Worked for The Pantry? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Pantry reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Pantry CEO Dennis G. Hatchell . All reviews posted anonymously by The Pantry employees.