There are newer employer reviews for TheLadders

TheLadders.com is a software-driven company where developers can really make an impact.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  New York, NY (US)
Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at TheLadders

Pros

Great benefits--stocked, free kitchen, "unlimited" vacation, 401k matching.
The company regularly celebrates its achievements with paid parties and entertainment.
Work with really smart, talented software engineers. TheLadders "only hires A+ candidates."
Software engineers have the ability to work collaboratively with product to suggest new ideas for features. You're more than a code monkey, and your opinions really matter and are taken seriously.
Regular meetings with your manager to discuss concerns, goals, and achievements.
There are lots of safety nets for quality. Code reviews, functional tests, and unit tests are all mandatory.
Adoption of agile software development methodology really shines.

Cons

Some teams get more "fun" work to do than others, although teams do shuffle occasionally.
There seems to be a bit of a high turnover rate, but everyone that leaves does so for excellent opportunities elsewhere and not usually because they're unhappy at TheLadders.

The management team is doing a great job. Mark's enthusiasm and passion has a ripple effect that is palpable throughout the organization.

85 Other Employee Reviews for TheLadders (View Most Recent)

Unengaged leadership - loss of talented people - no career growth

Current Employee - Was A Great Place to Work, But Not Anymore  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Was A Great Place to Work, But Not Anymore in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at TheLadders

Pros

Unlimited vacation (not that you'll get to use it)
    Social atmosphere
    Good developer peers that are very smart

Cons

As a developer I find a strong lack of leadership both from engineering and product. This negatively impacts our team as our focus on projects changes randomly based on the exes whims. It feels like they have not yet grasped how to turn our business around and thus keep darting in different directions. I've heard multiply key people are leaving soon, although this is not confirmed.

The long timers are worn out by tepid growth, lack of vision, poor execution and leadership that appears not to care anymore. It feels like no one is listening anymore. Who is our leader?

Leadership appears checked out as an IPO may be years away (opinion)

Current Employee - Human Resources  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at TheLadders

Pros

Benefits.
    Location.
    Smart people.
    Ability to impact.

Cons

Product strategy is doesn't exist.
    Leadership appears checked out.
    Flat growth.
    CEO doesn't empower executive team.
    Executive offices are a turnstile of people who are tired of Marc's micro managing.

Marc - sell to Linkedin and stop running the company into the ground. Otherwise you need to step back from the day-to-day.

There are newer employer reviews for TheLadders

Worked for TheLadders? Contribute to the Community!