There are newer employer reviews for Toni & Guy

Top notch education and plenty of room for growth. It is what you make of it.

Former Employee - Color Technician  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
Former Employee - Color Technician in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Toni & Guy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Education, Benefits, Creative, Brand Recognition

Cons

Mostly located in shopping malls

31 Other Employee Reviews for Toni & Guy (View Most Recent)

Best place to fine tune your hairdressing skills!

Former Employee - Art Director II  in  Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Art Director II in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I worked at Toni & Guy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learn a European style of doing hair! I loved all the training and mastering the art of hair cutting! Has a great reputation in the community for quality work.

Cons

Being departmentalized, low commission rates, being inside an inclosed shopping mall, demanding work schedule.

A company that like many others does not appreciate their employees.

Former Employee - Art Director III  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Art Director III in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Toni & Guy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great FREE continued education. Being in a mall you are surrounded by all walks of life, so I will say that with the versatile clientele really prepares you for anything. It's a nice place to start out for the previous reasons.

Cons

This company has gone down hill thanks to corporate greed. They do not care about the employee individually. It makes no difference to the company to have 30 stylist/chem techs working on 100 clients a day, or if they have 100 stylist/chem techs working on 100 clients a day, because the company is still getting their cut of it all (which when i worked there was a 60/40 their advantage... this is of course after they take out the 5$ product fee. Lets say I charge 60$ for a women's haircut, subtract 5 dollars for product fee-$55 now let T&G take their 60% which would be 33$, and the stylist takes home 22$ Making it hard to make a decent living. It is more about quantity over quality, when it should in fact be the opposite. When I left the company in Jan 2010, I put in notice and tried to go about everything the right way. Unlike a lot of other staff that were planning to leave and take their clients with them. They still refused to give me my vacation pay, and whomever I spoke with about it (I can't remember who it was, but I think it was someone in payroll.) was extremely rude and made me feel like an idiot when I tried to do right for the company. I would only refer someone to this company, if they are just starting out and needing some expirience, and education.

All this being said, The company could have changed a lot since i've quit a few years ago. I don't know anyone who still works for them to have any insight.

There are newer employer reviews for Toni & Guy

Worked for Toni & Guy? Contribute to the Community!