Toys ''R'' Us

www.toysrusinc.com

Fantastic

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant  in  Houston, TX (US)
Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Houston, TX (US)

Pros

Fun environment to work around. Plenty of new faces everyday such as celebrities like Andre Johnson for the Houston Texans.

Cons

The only downside about any retail store is working holidays which means tons of people with tons of attitudes which leads to massive stress.

Other reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

Definitely worth the short amount of time I spent there.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Lincoln, NE (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Lincoln, NE (US)

Pros

"OK" pay
    Fun people to work with; managers really get to become friendly with everyone.
    Work with you on days off

Cons

Scheduling can be a total mess.
    Holiday season is terrifying--even for someone who has worked at a store during holiday season before.
    Customers are very quick to become cranky and will always blame the first person they see.

Give your stores more leeway--our management would have definitely jumped at the chance to accommodate us and make us feel more comfortable if they had the monetary means to do so.

Management not so great.

Former Employee - Sales Team Member  in  Wichita, KS (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Team Member in Wichita, KS (US)

Pros

The people you get to come in contact with are all fairly nice, and the merchandise discount of 10% helps on large purchases like furniture or bedding sets.

Cons

The management team could have been more understanding about school schedules and health emergencies. The General Manager of the store I worked at was also not very proficient at the cash registers and helping when backup cashiers were needed. Also, the Sales Associates should have much more product knowledge than they currently have. I've gone back to shop several times after leaving my job there, and the people I worked with couldn't offer me much help with new items I had questions about.

There are newer employer reviews for Toys ''R'' Us.

Worked for Toys ''R'' Us? Contribute to the Community!