There are newer employer reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

Fantastic

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Houston, TX (US)
Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Toys ''R'' Us

Pros

Fun environment to work around. Plenty of new faces everyday such as celebrities like Andre Johnson for the Houston Texans.

Cons

The only downside about any retail store is working holidays which means tons of people with tons of attitudes which leads to massive stress.

1162 Other Employee Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us (View Most Recent)

Management not so great.

Former Employee - Sales Team Member in Wichita, KS (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Team Member in Wichita, KS (US)

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us

Pros

The people you get to come in contact with are all fairly nice, and the merchandise discount of 10% helps on large purchases like furniture or bedding sets.

Cons

The management team could have been more understanding about school schedules and health emergencies. The General Manager of the store I worked at was also not very proficient at the cash registers and helping when backup cashiers were needed. Also, the Sales Associates should have much more product knowledge than they currently have. I've gone back to shop several times after leaving my job there, and the people I worked with couldn't offer me much help with new items I had questions about.

Waste of my time

Former Employee - Team Member in Plantation, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Team Member in Plantation, FL (US)

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us

Pros

The only reason I stay so long was that the medical insurance was very cheap.
    During Christmas you will have a very good income.

Cons

They don't give enough hours, is supposed to be a PART-TIME not ONCE-A-WEEK-TIME. The most hours I've got was during season (Christmas) and I didn't make full 40 hours a week. After that they started scheduling every 2 weeks and at one point I was getting only one day of 5 hours in TWO WEEKS... I was so behind on my bills and having a very difficult economic situation. They did this to every part-time Team Member as far as I know. Also I was always schedule on my "not available" hours when I had school, this was a constant problem that was never resolved. Because all of this I decided to quit and never look back.

During season treat the employees better. Is not healthy to work for 14 hours straight and being said that if you don't "stay" you will be fire. I don't even think that is legal.

There are newer employer reviews for Toys ''R'' Us