Trader Joe's

www.traderjoes.com
  www.traderjoes.com
There are newer employer reviews for Trader Joe's

Great PT job.

Current Employee - Crew Member in Northbrook, IL (US)
Current Employee - Crew Member in Northbrook, IL (US)

I have been working at Trader Joe's

Pros

If you love food, people, and variety, Trader Joe's is fantastic. Your functions change throughout the day, management gives you a lot of autonomy in deciding how to handle situations that come up. Trader Joe's treats employees with respect and gives benefits even to PT employees.

Cons

Working weekends is a must... hard for a family person. Also, if you want to move into management, you have to be willing to move around a lot.

Mostly I only have positive things to say. If there were any way to work out the weekend issue and ensure a stable home life (i.e. being able to move into management without moving around geographically) it would be a perfect job!

680 Other Employee Reviews for Trader Joe's (View Most Recent)

Working at Trader Joe's is a fast-paced, high expectation job that's great for full-time students.

I have been working at Trader Joe's

Pros

The people. They are the best part of working at Trader Joe's; they're fun, outgoing, hard working, and just great to be round and learn from.

Cons

Working with customers is always difficult at Trader Joe's, and the work is somewhat physically demanding so that wears you out as well.

Management at Trader Joe's has proven to be very adept at handling issues of conflict as well as disorganization within the store. A lot of methods have changed recently which have streamlined how we work.

I enjoy being a part-time crew member.

Current Employee - Crew Member
    Current Employee - Crew Member

I have been working at Trader Joe's

Pros

Some of the pros are friendly management, friendly co-workers, casual dress code, benefits vision, dental and vision and flexible scheduling.

Cons

Your on your feet all day and sometimes have to deal with rude/weird customers. Working the register is a pain

There are newer employer reviews for Trader Joe's