Travelers Companies
www.travelers.com Hartford, CT 5000+ Employees

Good for very junior, not for experienced, think twice before you come.

Manager (Current Employee)
Hartford, CT (US)

I have been working at Travelers Companies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood mentoring program and on-going training for junior professionals, some very good people in this field, but almost all gone in the past 4 years. It is actually a good place to pick up career fast and leave for even better place in about 2-3 years.

ConsWorking hard is recognized "verbally", but that's it. This company is not encouraging innovation, it is actually extremely conservative such that so many people just want to stay safe until retirement day and get their pension. Career advancement and financial rewards has 0 correlation with how good your work is. The compensation is OK for this particular industry, but not even comparable with other industries that can use my talents. I came from another industry and my current bonus still can't match what I got 4 years ago as a junior analyst. So, as some reviews said, think twice before join.

Extremely micro-managed work for moderate pay

Insurance Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Travelers Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros: Benefits, 401k, medical/dental/vision Varied shifts that one can bid with tenure… Cons: Very micro managed as a customer service representative Very strict guidelines… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Current employee in operations

Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at Travelers Companies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: good leadership, excellent training programs and generous benefit package Cons: no work/life balance, long work hours are expected, can be… Advice to Senior Management: more focus on the employee Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Travelers Companies.

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Travelers Companies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Travelers Companies CEO Jay S. Fishman. All reviews posted anonymously by Travelers Companies employees.