TriWest Healthcare Alliance

www.triwest.com
There are newer employer reviews for TriWest Healthcare Alliance

Good Company - Sad to leave

I have been working at TriWest Healthcare Alliance

Pros

Benefits, PTO, communication, incentive programs

Cons

pay, advancement opportunities unless in corporate office

45 Other Employee Reviews for TriWest Healthcare Alliance (View Most Recent)

Poor politics and horrible treatment of top notch employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at TriWest Healthcare Alliance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Quarterly and annual bonuses/great insurance benefits/helping out our soldiers

Cons

Management in certain departments make this place a horrible place to walk in to each and every day. If you are not one of their favorites, married into the military, ex military or have ANY opinions of your own, you are snubbed and given less opportunities and treated horribly no matter what. I have never had management SO happy with making employees SO miserable. Some of the nicest, brightest people work at this company and it's a shame to see their lights dimmed by management who is all about ME ME ME and never open to any suggestions other than a few favorites who climb the ladder because they are given opportunities that others are not. Hopefully the poor management is not carried over to United, then maybe their ex employees can be given a chance at more opportunities and treated like human beings.

Realize that you are no longer in the military, you can not treat employees as if they are in a boot camp, and can't act like being part of corporate America is an excuse! Realize how much potential your employees have by listening to them and trusting them to know their job. Realize that your job is not ONLY to care about who we serve, but the employees you serve as well! "HAPPY WORKERS MAKE GOOD WORKERS!"

Data Analysis for Healthcare Department of Defense Contractor

Former Employee - Healthcare Information Analyst
    Former Employee - Healthcare Information Analyst

I worked at TriWest Healthcare Alliance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The data analysis was quite basic and straightforward, standard for most external clients. There was some provider productivity modeling that used basic linear equations in Excel. The company should now (2012+) be using some business intelligence software that would greatly improve upon the reports that were produced by Microsoft Access and Excel.

Cons

In my department, the managers and above were not that well versed with the available technology at the time, which included data querying out of a SQL Server. We lost much efficiency and accuracy by using monthly extracts into Access.

The team dynamic was horrible as I recount less than a 50% retention rate of all the team members of my department during the 2 years I worked there and I heard that the Senior VP left soon my time at the company.

Make sure the managers are knowledgeable about all the existing reporting tools and encourage genuine teamwork instead of a faux aura of trust.

There are newer employer reviews for TriWest Healthcare Alliance