There are newer employer reviews for Trinity Industries

Proceed with caution, career advancement might be possible

Former Employee - Plant Accountant/Plant Controller  in  Ashland City, TN (US)
Former Employee - Plant Accountant/Plant Controller in Ashland City, TN (US)

I worked at Trinity Industries

Pros

You take on the entire plant with no traing or guidance. There isn't a whole lot of advancement possibilites in upper Execitve leves in Tennessee. If you are willing to move, you might do well. Trinity gives one a great opportunity to try to figure out what is going on. The corporate office EVENTUALLY send some brings you in for training that doesn't happen while you are in the corporate office. If you are a STRONG laborer, welder, pipe-fitter, or electrician you have a great potential. If you have a strong desire to become a welder, or take welding classes - this very well might be a good company for you to work. Get some experience, get paid while you learn, then move on to a company where you can get paid for your experience and education. Trinity is a great place to learn welding.

Cons

There's a BIG turonver in middle and upper level management. Don't expect the people that have interviewed there to be there long after you have started.There's a BIG turonver in middle and upper level management. Don't expect the people that have interviewed there to be there long after you have started.There's a BIG turonver in middle and upper level management. Don't expect the people that have interviewed there to be there long after you have started.There's a BIG turonver in middle and upper level management. Don't expect the people that have interviewed there to be there long after you have started.

The potential trainer leaves a few weeks b4 employee is brought on board. The supervisor and HR manager that interviewed the new employee left less than 6 weeks after the employee was hired. Make sure the new HR manager and supervisor understand what their predecessors expected of the newly hired employee.

34 Other Employee Reviews for Trinity Industries (View Most Recent)

This job is for beginners or someone needing a job

Current Employee - Welder  in  Pell City, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Welder in Pell City, AL (US)

I have been working at Trinity Industries full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been here for 2 yrs and the supervisors have very little people skills and only care for production not employees. There is no union so yes there's no dues or fees but that also means that you have nobody to intervene in an argument with management. I've seen just recently where management suspended someone for 3 days without going by their written protocol because they didn't like the person and nothing was done to the management.

Cons

This company boasts that you can climb the ladder quickly but in reality it's extremely hard to get a promotion and the pay scale is not competitive with local or even national standards. we are classified as welders but in reality we are fitter welders and that's the reason they say our pay is in line with national standards. Everything we do is fitter welder material and I'm not even getting paid $14 an hr yet after 2 yrs and the company wonders why they have a high turnover rate......

train your supervisors to care for employees. this company doesn't pay by production so you should act like it

company with growth potential in the future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I have been working at Trinity Industries full-time for less than a year

Pros

good pay for the work that the employees do, good bonus

Cons

long hours, hot climate

work on better communicating with employees

There are newer employer reviews for Trinity Industries

Worked for Trinity Industries? Contribute to the Community!