TripAdvisor
www.tripadvisor.com Newton, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great benefits, lots of perks, exciting projects - lots of energy!

Newton, MA (US)

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time for less than a year

Pros- Amazing benefits
- Great company perks - daily/in the office as well as events held for employees
- Things move very quickly.
- New products coming out all the time and opportunities to work on new things
- Lots of opportunities to make suggestions through contests, surveys, etc., regardless of job level

Cons- Much of the communication between departments is done via email instant messaging - most of the time that is fine, but sometimes you need in person meetings.

Advice to Senior Management- Much of the communication between departments is done via email instant messaging - most of the time that is fine, but sometimes you need in person meetings.

Great place to be an engineer

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great work/life balance Very intelligent coworkers Fast paced, small 1-2 week projects Free… Cons: Lots of legacy code to support, can be a disaster… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great environment, a little heavy on the management

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time for more than a year

Pros: TripAdvisor treats their employees like gold! The benefits (other than vacation time) are the best around and the people working here are genuinely nice… Cons: As I mentioned above, they could be better about vacation time, especially for a travel company. You start with 3 weeks vacation, no personal… Advice to Senior Management: There could be better training opportunities in general. They bring in outside consultants sometimes but it seems like it would be better… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on TripAdvisor.

Worked for TripAdvisor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TripAdvisor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TripAdvisor CEO Stephen Kaufer. All reviews posted anonymously by TripAdvisor employees.