Tufts Grad School is a Good Opportunity

Current Employee - Graduate Student  in  Medford, MA (US)
Current Employee - Graduate Student in Medford, MA (US)

I have been working at Tufts University full-time for more than a year

Pros

flexible hours, knowledgable faculty, great library resources, wonderful location to collaborate with other academic institutions and labs

Cons

weather is cold most of the year, doesn't maintain facilities to the best standard

Other Reviews for Tufts University

effective people paying for mistakes of former high level people

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Tufts University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

One of the best things about working here are the benefits, including access to classes, recreational facilities and on campus special events. The second best thing is the camaraderie with and learning opportunities afforded by awesome co-workers, faculty and students.

Cons

Like others have alluded to, lots of changes and talk of restructuring now. I see mistakes and gains of the past being willfully ignored for a new silver bullet that will save our future. At the same time, I see dysfunctional and unqualified managers being coddled and allowed to carry on, causing strife and grief to others. I see high level new positions being hired for as yet to be determined benefits. Stay tuned..

Take personnel problems seriously. Ignoring them or trying to help will not make them better. Accept that some people cannot change and cut your losses. Don't protect the highest level problems at the expense of others.

Overall, it's a great environment with really interesting and fun people!

Current Employee - Research Associate  in  Medford, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Medford, MA (US)

I have been working at Tufts University full-time for more than a year

Pros

People at Tufts are generally very friendly and cooperative, there is a sense of family. The campus is also very beautiful and overall it's a great place to work.

Cons

You can tell that management/facilities are disorganized. There were often issues with the building I was working in (such as leaks in the roof) which took days to fix. Also, they would hire external contractors to do things the university should have people to do.

There are newer employer reviews for Tufts University.

Worked for Tufts University? Contribute to the Community!