There are newer employer reviews for Tufts University

Tufts Grad School is a Good Opportunity

Current Employee - Graduate Student in Medford, MA (US)
Current Employee - Graduate Student in Medford, MA (US)

I have been working at Tufts University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

flexible hours, knowledgable faculty, great library resources, wonderful location to collaborate with other academic institutions and labs

Cons

weather is cold most of the year, doesn't maintain facilities to the best standard

140 Other Employee Reviews for Tufts University (View Most Recent)

Good people

I have been working at Tufts University

Pros

The people are excellent, very friendly and helpful. Located in downtown Boston, very easy to commute to.

Cons

Lack of funding in the lab, Lack of a support staff when you have questions. I often find myself having questions and nobody to answer them.

effective people paying for mistakes of former high level people

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Tufts University full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

One of the best things about working here are the benefits, including access to classes, recreational facilities and on campus special events. The second best thing is the camaraderie with and learning opportunities afforded by awesome co-workers, faculty and students.

Cons

Like others have alluded to, lots of changes and talk of restructuring now. I see mistakes and gains of the past being willfully ignored for a new silver bullet that will save our future. At the same time, I see dysfunctional and unqualified managers being coddled and allowed to carry on, causing strife and grief to others. I see high level new positions being hired for as yet to be determined benefits. Stay tuned..

Take personnel problems seriously. Ignoring them or trying to help will not make them better. Accept that some people cannot change and cut your losses. Don't protect the highest level problems at the expense of others.

There are newer employer reviews for Tufts University