There are newer employer reviews for U-Haul

Always something to do

I have been working at U-Haul part-time

Pros

Meeting lots of different people.

Cons

Dealing with frustrated people, after having done their move.

244 Other Employee Reviews for U-Haul (View Most Recent)

More done with fewer people at lower wages

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Elkhart, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Elkhart, IN (US)

I have been working at U-Haul part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work with good people. All U-Haul employees are smart, hardworking and enthusiastic about their jobs. Access to U-Haul equipment at discount prices, sometimes free. You'll learn a lot about trucks, trailers and the moving business. Get experience driving a forklift and dispensing propane. U-Haul definitely looks good on a resume.

Cons

High turnover while the bad get weeded out. if you're one of the good ones its not uncommon to get stuck working by yourself for 12 hours. Depending on location, stores profit goals can be unreasonable. If store is not profitable, you'll never see more than $8 an hour. Full time means you work 60+ hours a week at $9-$10 an hour equivalent salary.

Rule by respect, not fear. Treat your golden boys and girls like gold, not like replaceable cogs. Don't rely on someone behind a desk who has never worked at a center to tell you how a center should be run.

Not the best

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Newington, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Newington, VA (US)

I have been working at U-Haul part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work outside, good training in customer service, learn general knowledge about trucks and vehicles in general, basic sales knowledge.

Cons

high stress environment for extremely low pay, no real room for advancement, no benefits with part time (all employees except management classified as part time), only holiday off is Christmas Day

treat your employees with more respect, we may not do that much in the grand scheme of things but without us you dont have a business, with one word we can turn customers to the competition, we deserve what we've earned

There are newer employer reviews for U-Haul