Working at USB

Current Employee - Relationship Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Meets industry average for compensation
Strong organization to work for
Mentorship program to learn about other functions in other departments

Cons

Few advancement opportunities within my department.
Compensation is based on a metric that is evaluated by a quality control team of peers that can have personal bias.

Advancement opportunities should be based mostly on education and experience.
Focus on creating more career growth opportunities within the department.
People should not stay in entry level positions for more than 1 year without the possibility and opportunity of advancement.

Other Reviews for U.S. Bank

Not a bad company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay, great hours, Minneapolis is not bad.
    Mgmt listens to feed back and does the best it can to cater to your needs
    Very flexible if you have certain family obligations. Can shift hours a little bit to work earlier or later than the usual 8-5pm.

Cons

Big company, so lots of territorial arguments and hot potato type of denial of responsibility
    Invest in newer technology
    Invest in better chairs. Do you really want to pay for health insurance because the chairs they sit on is worth 15 dollars a piece

I would not recommend a career at USBank

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fargo, ND (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND (US)

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Co-workers are great, working environment is friendly and casual. Time-off is granted easily and vacation is easy to obtain.

Cons

HORRIBLE pay and benefits. I have worked at USbank for several years and my pay does not increase in any measurable way (it only decreases as premiums for insurance increase). The health insurance is absolutely terrible. I have tried several different ways to make the insurance work for my family, but we always end up with massive amounts of medical debt for going to the doctor for normal things. There is absolutely no accountability for management. Anytime they want to change something (to benefit themselves) they do it without regard for employees. I detest Usbank and would never recommend them to anyone.

Provide better health insurance for your employees. Provide incentives for employees to move up or improve. Consider your employees and their families when making decisions. Be fair. Your employees will work up to the level you are compensating them for. The better you treat them, the better they will perform.

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!