UK National Health Service
www.nhs.uk Leeds, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Working for the NHS

IT Service Desk Assistant (Current Employee)
Northampton, England (UK)

I have been working at UK National Health Service

ProsI love working here because it's the best pay that I've ever know. It combines my two loves, computers and people. Working here gives me great satisfaction, knowing that I'm helping people everyday and that I could be saving someones life, by making sure that our PC's are up and running correctly. We are in a very close-knit team of about 9 people and I love it. Everyone gets along and is friendly and it is just a great place to be. Im proud to say that I work for the NHS, it's better than saying that I work at McDonalds or somewhere like that. That had to be the most embarrassing point of my life!!! But it's absolutely wicked working here. I would recommend it any day.

ConsI suppose the only thing about this place that I don't like is I don't really get any feedback about how I'm doing. I asked the other day as I wanted to know. My manager said to me that we only really tell you how you are doing when you are doing something wrong. If you are doing well, then we won't say anything to you. I don't think that's fair, and it's not motivational really.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell us how we are doing. Just that really. Oh and more perks for putting up with stressy people would be good. Although the £17k p/a is a perk in itself really.

Lots to learn, well structured graduate scheme.

Trainee Medical Physicist (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at UK National Health Service full-time for more than a year

Pros: Well structured graduate scheme for scientists. Lots of training/education. Opportunity to use scientific skills to improve healthcare. Good… Cons: Some work can be repetitive/tedious (e.g. quality assurance tests). Majority of jobs for physicists are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Blinkered employer with no incentives package

Surgical Registrar (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at UK National Health Service full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: As a doctor I was doing the job of my… Cons: My salary decreased for last 3 years. I was unable to take my annual leave as the managers or bosses… Advice to Senior Management: Change your priorities. You are looking at the wrong… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on UK National Health Service.

Worked for UK National Health Service? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UK National Health Service reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UK National Health Service CEO David Nicholson. All reviews posted anonymously by UK National Health Service employees.