There are newer employer reviews for URS Corporation, an AECOM company

My very first contracting experience was great.

Former Employee - TMC Console Operator in Atlanta, GA (US)
Former Employee - TMC Console Operator in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at URS Corporation, an AECOM company as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation was very good, recognition given constantly, timely increases.

Cons

HR wasn't always expedient, job security, performance reviews were shaky at best but this is because it was done by the client, more oversight was needed to be fair.

get more involved with employee development to make contract more sucessful

635 Other Employee Reviews for URS Corporation, an AECOM company (View Most Recent)

Thankful for the team of people I was able to work with directly.

I worked at URS Corporation, an AECOM company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They hire great people. I worked with exceptionally dedicated, professional, and talented people. Most of the employees are very contientious and try hard to do a good job. At the middle management and lower staffing levels, lots of supportive people that are willing and eager to help. Huge focus on customer satisfaction and doing the job right. Good benefits package and knowledgeable HR staff. They emphasize safety and training.

Cons

While my experience was mostly positive, inconsistencies pervaded many areas. Interoffice competion and interdepartmental competion sometimes put the best interests of the company as secondary. Some upper management seems to make decisions capriciously, instead of considering the explicit long term company goals. Some business lines and departments are given inadequate support. Bureaucratic like most huge companies.

Some of the business lines and departments with the potential for the highest profit margins and with the most minimal risk of exposure are the very ones that are receiving the most inadequate support. Some of the talent within these business lines has already left the company to work for competition.

one of the best

Former Employee - Operations Center Managercker Operator and Pipeline in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at URS Corporation, an AECOM company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

a great place to work great advanancements

Cons

hard work to those who want a easy job

There are newer employer reviews for URS Corporation, an AECOM company