US Army
3.9 of 5 4,213 reviews
www.army.mil Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Over 26 years experience in management, recruiting, and career counseling.

Career Counselor (Former Employee)
Franklin, PA (US)

I worked at US Army full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe Army has a very competitive salary, and educational benefits. The Army pays for all training and supplies all necessary equipment to perform all assigned tasks.

ConsThe Army has long work hours depending on your individual job or specialty. Also you may be required to leave you family for long extended periods of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only advise I can give to management is to listen to your subordinates suggestions and ideas. They are the ones that actually do the job and have first hand knowledge on how to make things better.

Mutually beneficial relationship

Company Commander (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at US Army full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: -The People are the most dedicated in the world -Ability to… Cons: -The hours suck -Micromanagement -Trust and ethical issues Advice to Senior Management: Trust and listen to subordinates in order to gain the shared reality needed to achieve mission objectives. Senior leaders need… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good experience for structure, work experience, and discipline

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at US Army full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: There is a sense of stability. There is a structure to the daily work day, can be long at times, but structure overall. Most, whether enjoyable… Cons: Long periods of time away from home and family. From Days to Months to Years in some cases. Get stationed… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on US Army.

Worked for US Army? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Army reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Army CEO John McHugh. All reviews posted anonymously by US Army employees.