US Army
3.9 of 5 4,261 reviews
www.army.mil Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Over 26 years experience in management, recruiting, and career counseling.

Career Counselor (Former Employee)
Franklin, PA (US)

I worked at US Army full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe Army has a very competitive salary, and educational benefits. The Army pays for all training and supplies all necessary equipment to perform all assigned tasks.

ConsThe Army has long work hours depending on your individual job or specialty. Also you may be required to leave you family for long extended periods of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only advise I can give to management is to listen to your subordinates suggestions and ideas. They are the ones that actually do the job and have first hand knowledge on how to make things better.

Mutually beneficial relationship

Company Commander (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at US Army full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: -The People are the most dedicated in the world -Ability to… Cons: -The hours suck -Micromanagement -Trust and ethical issues Advice to Senior Management: Trust and listen to subordinates in order to gain the shared reality needed to achieve mission objectives. Senior leaders need… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Transportation Officer

Brigade Deputy S4 (Current Employee)
Fort Drum, NY (US)

I have been working at US Army full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Free to develop new techniques while being mentored from proven processes. Ability to serve… Cons: Hours, hours, hours. This is not your average 9 to 5 job. Work weeks… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your subordinates. Although they may not have the right answer,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on US Army.

Worked for US Army? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Army reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Army CEO John McHugh. All reviews posted anonymously by US Army employees.