Very good

Former Employee - Sergeant  in  Seoul (South Korea)
Former Employee - Sergeant in Seoul (South Korea)

I worked at US Army full-time for more than a year

Pros

being patriotic, recommend for those who devote their youth for the nation

Cons

not many. one thing i hated being in the army was that i had to keep my hair short

N/A

Other Reviews for US Army

8 year infantry soldier

Former Employee - Squad Leader  in  Fort Stewart, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Squad Leader in Fort Stewart, GA (US)

I worked at US Army full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The best people that I know are in the Army. The job will give you a sense of pride. You have a fair chance to move up in pay and responsibility. I started out making $13,500 and was making close to $60,000 as a NCO when I got out. The benefits are good. It's a cool job. You will do things that you can't do anywhere else.

Cons

Sometimes the Army seems like it's too big and stuff gets fixed slower than it should. As a leader in the Army you will find that a lot of your time that you should be spending training your guys will be spent dealing with soldiers that don't maintain proper standards. It's a fun life, but it consumes you. Especially during wartime. Out of my 8 years I spent 5 of those years away from home because I was either deployed to Iraq or training. My 5/8 ratio was slightly excessive though because I volunteered for a lot of schools. The wars are winding down so this may not be the case anymore.

Keep cutting the fat, holding soldiers to proper standards. Guys who join and try to hide out in the same units to make an easy paycheck really hurt the effort. Additionally, I got out because I had my tab and wanted to re-enlist to go to ranger battalion. Unfortunately my SGM fenced me into my 3rd tour in Iraq 9 months before deployment. I did my final deployment and the rest of my time honorably. That situation put a bad taste in my mouth though, so I decided to get out and never put myself in a position where someone had that much say in what way my career went.

Retired after 20.5 years Active Duty Service

Former Employee - SFC/Maintenance Control Supervisor/FIrefinder Radar Repair
    Former Employee - SFC/Maintenance Control Supervisor/FIrefinder Radar Repair

I worked at US Army full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Traveled all over the World and met some amazing friends and associates. Acquired technical job skills used in my current field of employment. I was able to share my Post 9-11 GI Bill with my family members to use toward college. Endless opportunities for each and every Trooper, you are your only limitation to what your career can be!

Cons

15% of the things I was required to do while on Active duty I could have done without. In combat I've seen and done some things that no one should have to do! Moving all around the Country and family having to change jobs and schools.

There are newer employer reviews for US Army.

Worked for US Army? Contribute to the Community!