US Coast Guard
www.uscg.mil Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Great place to work!

Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at US Coast Guard full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe mission of saving lives, protecting the marine environment, and securing the ports and waterways of the United States combined with outstanding co-workers and supervisors that emphasize a work-life balance makes the Coast Guard a great workplace. The truly Coast Guard takes care of its people.

ConsInnovation can be restricted due to the hierarchical nature of the military and Congressional requirements on the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe cutter is the Old Guard move on or be surpassed by other agencies.

job review of cg

I have been working at US Coast Guard

Pros: its a god job, you see the wold Cons: there are none i can think of Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Highly professional people, passionate about their work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Alameda, CA (US)

I worked at US Coast Guard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Real, meaningful work, including saving lives, protecting property, maritime security, environmental stewardship. Small office, so everyone… Cons: Underfunded. Understaffed. Always having to make tough trade-offs… Advice to Senior Management: Be more clear about the precious few priorities, and communicate them… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on US Coast Guard.

Worked for US Coast Guard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Coast Guard reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Coast Guard CEO Admiral Robert J. Papp, Jr. . All reviews posted anonymously by US Coast Guard employees.