Voc Rehab and Employment Service

Current Employee - Receptionist/Intern in Newnan, GA (US)
Current Employee - Receptionist/Intern in Newnan, GA (US)

I have been working at US Department of Veterans Affairs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent professional assistance. Case Managers take the time to communicate with you while you are in the program. Overall excellent support for a Veteran.

Cons

Try to expedite the turn around time from initial application to actual initial interview and placement in a vocational rehabilitation and/or employment program.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire excellent case workers.

reviews filtered by

HR Asst @ VA

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Pros

Great benefits; flex hrs; great training; great advancement opportunities if you're a veteran.

Cons

Hard to get a position if you're not currently an employee/veteran/other gov't employee. Leadership is lacking. Change is not accepted very well. Some of management thinks they are still in the military (literally barking out orders) and yelling and belittling other employees in front of one another.

Advice to Management

We are all people, which means we can all learn and benefit from each other. If management commands more of their employees, they should first command more of themselves.

2. Great time

Former Intern - Student Researcher in Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Former Intern - Student Researcher in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I worked at US Department of Veterans Affairs as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of good people, interacting with patients nice, fun atmosphere, great bosses, good food, good pay, great job satisfaction, helping others was good

Cons

The food wasn't great. The hours were quite long. Sometimes patients get cranky, but I guess this is understandable. It's really a good place, I have no qualms.

Advice to Management

You're doing great!